• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Got Any Spare Change?

WolfLarsen

“Hey, You Got Some Spare Change Mr. President?”
A Neo-SocialRealist poem by Wolf Larsen

It's like the white liberals & the black nationalists & the rest of the new-“left”-overs kissing the ass of the Commander-in-Chief!
It's like we're in the soup kitchen era again!
And now they’re bashing unions from sea to shining sea!
And now they’re foreclosing on working-class homes from sea to shining sea!
And as the Commander-in-Chief drops a drone bomb on one more family in Afghanistan/Pakistan the peace-loving liberals tell us to vote Democrat!
Yeah, vote for the same peace-loving Democrats that brought us Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Vietnam, and the Cuban missile crisis!
And now the military has the right to detain Americans without a trial! Your hero president just signed it into law! Ain’t that a trip?
How long before American soldiers are sent to smash down doors of American homes and disappear Americans?
And one out of every four persons in jail in the world is in jail in the freedom-loving USA, and this is what you call democracy?
Smoke some marijuana in the freedom-loving USA and maybe tonight you'll be in a jail cell with Bubba. That's freedom alright!
You want me to write yet another artsy-fartsy abstract poem while people in the streets are begging, "You got any spare change? Got any spare change?"
Yeah Obama, you got any change?
No, he ain’t got no change.
Of course, come November you can always vote for the other pig instead!
Changing one pig for another ain’t no change!
Democrat or Republican it’s all just a bunch of capitalist diarrhea that needs to be flushed down the toilet!

Copyright 2012 by Wolf Larsen

Now playing: Neo-SocialRealism
Diego Rivera! George Grosz! Gustav Klutsis!

thumbs down on this one

Rule 1 should be never make a political speech in the form of any kind of writing. Never, never never. Whether you're the writer or the reader; ( for the forseeable future until the partisanship dies down some ) you're way over on the far side of an issue.

...And in answer to your question; no there's no such thing as being independent.
For as much as you might want to think it's possible. It really ain't. The opposing sides won't let you be. ( think about it )

Therefore you're going to find people who ( fairly or unfairly ) judge your writing as pulitzer prize material or complete garbage worthy of attention by The Department of Homeland Security sending you on a visit to Guantanamo Bay for a few months ( if you're lucky ).

Nice feeling of pent-up rage.
Nice long lines.
Reminds me very much of "Howl."
Excellent poem, political or no.
:flowers:

Ma, Ma, Where’s my Pa,
Gone to the White House,
Ha, Ha, Ha –

James Blaine running against Grover Cleveland.

reasons not to make a political speech in writing

(s/n ) Pontalba might want to focus more into the actual text of what my last message was than zero in on the principle sentence.

if you want to be a political analyst, write articles, write books, write blogs; write short opinion pieces and watch the spitballs fly back and forth.

some say " right on " some say " no way "

- yet people have the nerve to act surprised when there's an equal number of one sided opinions on a piece of writing as there are opposing.

if you want to be a serious writer, stay away from politics.
if you want to be a successful writer; look for your writing to appeal to everyone.

what political piece of writing appeals to everyone?
the kind that bashes politics in general?

maybe; but then again you're always going to find ( or they find you ) even that kind of opposing view point where politics has a good place in society.

and of course; they'll be all to happy to give you a mouth full of that such opinion on it

(s/n ) Pontalba might want to focus more into the actual text of what my last message was than zero in on the principle sentence.

First of all, what is the meaning of "(s/n)" in front of my name?

Second, Shouldn't the meaning "principle sentence" be consistant with "actual text"?

Third...in answer to your entire post. In Your Opinion. Everyone has one, and is entitled to it. :)

political opinion pieces

in today's world; politics is a one sided argument.
you're either on that side or the opposing side.

i consider myself a conservative. but i never write political opinion pieces on a website writing forum ( i believe ) meant for creative writing; writing stories. short stories; long stories; putting together story concepts

isn't there enough websites for political opinion?

who dares believe that there just has to be one here?
or in every corner of thought sharing venues on the internet?

can't we have political free zones?

nice concept; too bad people have a hard time practicing it.

WolfLarsen ( yes, in my opinion ) didn't have to write his piece the way he did.

Not saying he should have 'watered it down' but he could have dressed it up in more kaleidoscope colors rather than a crystal clear prism.

naming names, situations; and stinging words ( thoughts )_______________________________________

You want examples? ok, first off; the tag line : A Neo-SocialRealist Poem

Really? That's not an enigma. Not in today's political world.

Second : the first line.

white liberals; the black nationalists the rest of the new-“left”-overs kissing the ass of the Commander-in-Chief\

Really?

I mean again; anyone on this website trying to become a good writer; a successful writer, ( one would think ) wants to attract eyeballs on your writing text. Not incite passions. The quickest and easiest way to do that ( the cheapest way ) is to say something political.

It's not thought-provoking.

Not to me at least.

Anyone can 'get off' on using real language to and about politics but it's half-heartedly trying.
You want to encite passions, create an imaginative world where people come to political decisions on their own without leaders or even speakers.

Create a world where we know out of chaos comes order. Where the hardest people to get to settle down are the ones at each other's throats.

Using a storyline based on what Washington DC is like now is ridiculous.

But hey, that's me.

metaphorically speaking - WolfLarsen picks a dirty worm filled apple off the tree; holds it in his hand and says " look what I am able to produce in front of my eyes, a shiny new object for my amazement "

try again.

Back