• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Green eggs and ham first edition

dannyboy91

yesterday i was in a second hand shop while my sister was looking for vintage clothes well anyway i usually dont look in these type of shops but something caught my eye. It was a Dr.seuss book (the guy who rights about the cat in the hat) specifically Green Eggs and Ham and the price was £60 ($120 for you americans) so i looked a lil closer and seen that it was a first edition version of the book from 1957, however i did not have any money at the time so i did nothing about it.

Later on when i got home i decided to look at how much the book goes for on the internet, and i was amazed to see that the book was selling for like £2500 and $3800 from ebay at one time. So today i rushed to town to see if it was still there and it was, so i bought and got home. Now the main question is where is the best place to sell this book?.Ebay? or some other well known book auction site that i did not know about?

thanks in advance and please bear in mind that i live in the UK

Ebay is a good place to sell stuff. What we did was watch several auctions for your item to see the price ranges they sold for. You need to check them all, and can also search for completed auctions for your book. That gives you an idea where to set your reserve price, You have to get a sellers account, but that's easy.

Ebay is a good place to sell stuff. What we did was watch several auctions for your item to see the price ranges they sold for. You need to check them all, and can also search for completed auctions for your book. That gives you an idea where to set your reserve price, You have to get a sellers account, but that's easy.

how do i see the previous auctions on ebay?

i found this site where some people are selling it

abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=323514792&searchurl=bsi%3D30%26tn%3DGreen%2BEggs%2BHam%26sortby%3D3%26an%3DSeuss%26ph%3D2%26kn%3Dfirst[/url]

yesterday i was in a second hand shop while my sister was looking for vintage clothes well anyway i usually dont look in these type of shops but something caught my eye. It was a Dr.seuss book (the guy who rights about the cat in the hat) specifically Green Eggs and Ham and the price was £60 ($120 for you americans) so i looked a lil closer and seen that it was a first edition version of the book from 1957, however i did not have any money at the time so i did nothing about it.

Later on when i got home i decided to look at how much the book goes for on the internet, and i was amazed to see that the book was selling for like £2500 and $3800 from ebay at one time. So today i rushed to town to see if it was still there and it was, so i bought and got home. Now the main question is where is the best place to sell this book?.Ebay? or some other well known book auction site that i did not know about?

thanks in advance and please bear in mind that i live in the UK

Good for you

Back