• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greeting

Netherbard

Dear book lovers,

My name is Netherbard incognito and I'm a bookaholic bona fide.​
It is an honour to me to be a member of such a lovely community as this bookforum with many a people with whom I can share similar passion for books.​
I am from Japan. My native tongue is Japanese. Therefore my grasp for the English language might be helplessly limited, but I love English literature as much as I love Japanese counterpart.​
Thank you very much.​

Sincerely,

Nether B.

Hello Netherbard - welcome to the forum! :) Your English is very good too.

What kinds of English literature do you enjoy reading?

Welcome! Check out the book of the month section. Our June book of the month is Out byJapanese author Natsuo Kirino. I've just finished it and enjoyed it immensly. Where in Japan do you live?

Look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to the suck.
th_066.gif
(a little jarhead lingo there for ya, great book and movie) Keep postin' brother, this place is made great by folks like yourself.

Thank you everyone!

>>#2 Halo
Hello, Halo (no pun intended.)
By English literature I unconsciously meant literary works in English. Over the past few years I've been trying to catch up with classical works and I liked The Picture of Dorian Gray and Wuthering Heights very much. Among the contemporary authors I like Kazuo Ishiguro. His refined writing of The Remains of the Day was simply awesome.

>>#3 theoptimist
I didn't mean to do it, your honour!

>>#4 Poppy1
I enjoyed the book you're currently reading. I hope you're enjoying it, too.

>>#5 Dogmatix
I've only read her first novel which won the Edogawa Rampo Award (the most prestigious mystery award in Japan) and it didn't impress me much. Maybe I should go for her other books.

>>#6 AlphaOmegaX
Thank you. I'm enjoying it already.

>>#7 SFG75
I wasn't familiar with that one. Though I'm a movieholic as well.

>>#8 mehastings
Thank you I love you.

>>#10 Ronny
Hello, Ronny. That's a nice quote by Colette.

>>#11 Ms.
Hello, Ms.. I saw your profile and was surprised to find that you are a fan of Mishima. And Nabokov, too! They are definitely in the top three authors list of my own.

Back