• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greetings From Sunny California!

penguinlord

Greetings;

I joined this esteemed forum a few days ago. I found it by posting a question to a book-related newsgroup and someone I suggested I ask here.

I did. I got the answer to my question. I'm happy!

I like what I see and I think I'll stick around a while.

The books I've read recently are all by Dan Brown, but I've also read books such as The Cuckoo's Egg by Clifford Stoll, Wolf and Iron by Gordon R. Dickson, and I just re-read The Lorax by Dr. Seuss (hey, it's a classic...what can I say).

So, I'll see ya 'round, and remember: The higher, the fewer.

Hello!

Penguins are normally evil, but I will give you a chance! I'll be watching you though, so don't try anything... fishy!

WELCOME! :)

Regards
Martin

Welcome penguinlord!

I'm glad you found us but from now on, anyone that sends greetings from any place sunny can pretty much bite me :)

RaVeN

Welcome, Penguinlord
To the Book Forum board.
May you find many a friend
In the time that you spend
Among this unglorious hoard!

(Sorry. In time you'll realize just how warped I am.)

Anyway, welcome aboard... Penguinlord...

A hearty welcome to you, Penguinlord. :)

I love penguins. :) They are among my favorite birds/animals. I once bathed with penguins (small ones) in the Indian Ocean - off South Africa's coast. :D

They - the authorities or whatever - had hired people to look after the penguins on the beach. They (the penguins) had better conditions on the beach, than we people had.... And rightly so.... :D

So welcome to the boards. We are a bit crazy, but you will learn to love us anyway. ;) That shouldn't be a problem, should it? You being a californian... ;)

Hobitten

hobitten said:
I once bathed with penguins (small ones)

So you prefer your victims young eh? :eek: Well, anyone that will take a bath with a bird is allright by me. :D

RaVeN
(pssst...Martin is still hiding the soap and refuses to ...uhm...cough it up)

hobitten said:
I once bathed with penguins...
Hobitten

I once bathed with penguins as well, but they left my skin dry and cracked so I went back to using soap :)

Thanks to everyone for the friendly welcome!

hobitten said:
I once bathed with penguins (small ones) in the Indian Ocean - off South Africa's coast. :D
Hobitten

Wouw! That set people's imagination going... :eek:

I must make a small correction, no doubt due to my shortcomings in the language English. :eek: I shared a beach with the penguins (they had most of the beach) :(

Got it?

Hobitten

Back