• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Greg Egan: Closer

Great story. The idea of being able to leave your body behind appears again in Wang's Carpets and the briefly mentioned "menstrual cycle...abandoned decades before" is the entire theme in Connie Willis's short story Even the Queen. Egan's scientific esoterica is so challenging, but only just enough to make it really fun to read. I think I'm going to read as much of his short fiction as I can before I try one of his novels.

Great story. The idea of being able to leave your body behind appears again in Wang's Carpets and the briefly mentioned "menstrual cycle...abandoned decades before" is the entire theme in Connie Willis's short story Even the Queen. Egan's scientific esoterica is so challenging, but only just enough to make it really fun to read. I think I'm going to read as much of his short fiction as I can before I try one of his novels.

I liked the whole point of the story,everything they tried out and when they were with "themselves",it was like being alone.

Back