• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gutenbergbibliophobia?

SFG75

I'm not really certain as to how to express my self succinctly on this, but I'll give it a go. Since I received my kindle as a gift, I have to say that I have only handled a print and paper textbook for a class and that quite frankly, I feel an aversion to the printed word on paper. I'm not certain why, but I find picking up a "regular" book to be rather unappealing to me. Could we have a new phenomenon? Could it be: Gutenbergbibliophobia? I coined the term myself, thank you. A tribute to the printed word, along side its pathological terminology.:flowers:

Most people have an aversion to textbooks. It's quite healthy, in fact. Try it on some other kinds of books and see if the symptoms manifest.

Most people have an aversion to textbooks. It's quite healthy, in fact. Try it on some other kinds of books and see if the symptoms manifest.

I don't know where 'they' get textbook writers, but I have a theory about them that is similar to my theory about census takers in by-gone eras....they took writing samples from those with the worst skills, broke their writing hands, then sent them out into the field to do their duty.

Eva-Oh yes, it applies to "regular books" as well. Perhaps it is due to the desire to press the button to get to the next page?:whistling:

SFG, I have a feeling it will pass when the battery dies on you just when you get to the part on who wins the chariot race...

:)

Back