• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Gwen Stefani

Martin

I literally just listened to Gwen Stefani's latest single (something with 'holler' - the single most horrific word in the English language); a single which is, alleggedly, topping the US charts right now, and I sincerely believe we should rally up and collect some cash to have her assassinated.

Are you with me?

Cheers

Oh god, I hate all her songs!! Although I have a certain admiration for the Roger Waine song :)

There's a guy at my work called Roger Waine, and if you listen not very hard to the chorus where she keeps going 'watcha waitin', watcha waitin', watcher waitin', etc' it sounds very much like 'Roger Waine, Roger Waine, Roger Waine' .... ahem, simple things anyway ...

Phil :)

i don't even know what that means "hollaback" i think it is punk cheerleading lingo. in any event i just like the bit about the banana's.

You're telling me, I have to work with the guy!!

..... hmmm, possibly missing the point there .... no matter :D

Anyways, Gwen Stefani = Warm poop ... infact, not even warm, merely tepid

Phil

I really think 'holler' (or 'holla'), along with 'sup?', are crimes against the English language.

Cheers

jenngorham said:
ain't no hollaback girl, hey that's shits banana's B-A-N-A-N-A-S

I watched the MTV for that one--hollaback girl. and my roomate and I both were quite confused by why she sang B-A-N-A-N-A-S :confused:?

Because she's Gwen Stefani, and she can sing any damn thing she wants. People will buy it anyway.

And if she wants to have a posse of grumpy-looking li'l Japanese girls around her 24/7, then that's exactly what she'll get, dammit!

Cheers

Here Martin I know you want it so you can analyse sentence structure and grammar.

Uh huh, this is my shit
All the girls stomp your feet like this

A few times I've been around that track
So it's not just gonna to happen like that
Because I ain't no hollaback girl
I ain't no hollaback girl

Ooooh ooh, this my shit, this my shit [x4]

I heard that you were talking shit
And you didn't think that I would hear it
People hear you talking like that, getting everybody fired up
So I'm ready to attack, gonna lead the pack
Gonna get a touchdown, gonna take you out
That's right, put your pom-poms downs, getting everybody fired up

So that's right dude, meet me at the bleachers
No principals,no student-teachers
Both of us want to be the winner, but there can only be one
So I'm gonna fight, gonna give it my all
Gonna make you fall, gonna sock it to you
That's right I'm the last one standing, another one bites the dust

Let me hear you say this shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
(This shit is bananas)
(B-A-N-A-N-A-S)

Again
This shit is bananas
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
(This shit is bananas)
(B-A-N-A-N-A-S)

Is that like the song? What crap! I'm sorry, but I never really like Gwen Stefani or her crappy band, which, BTW is called No Doubt.

Hay... is that really the song?? I mean the lyrics go exactly like that???
Thats horrible! I am glad I don't have to listen to this kind of crap!

You are lucky to not have to listen to it, it's on all the time here and the Banana part really sticks in your head no matter how hard you try to forget it.

sanyuja said:
Hay... is that really the song?? I mean the lyrics go exactly like that???
Thats horrible! I am glad I don't have to listen to this kind of crap!
I think it is, I just did a search on google. You can really see the amout of thought put into the lyrics, they are really deep.

Thanks for proving my point, Hay.

I wonder if she writes her own lyrics - I bet she does.

Cheers

It's sad, really sad. Try not to think about the fact that she makes more money than you. Try. While she's raking in a million dollars a day (or whatever) off that song, Vassar Clements, regarded by many as one of the greatest fiddle players of all time, is having trouble paying his medical bills as he lies dying of lung cancer. So it goes. [Cue the losing sound from a game show.]

U peeple R soooo wrong for 'dis! Gwen is kewl, she ToTaLLy rox!

Nah, honestly, I really liked No Doubt when they surfaced to the mainstream. Spiderwebs was a great song for one. I thought they had some pretty nifty lyrics all around, and I liked thier music.

But now, Stefani solo :shrug: You gotta admit, when you're building a cult of self worship, semantics can really aid you along. A whole new absurd language is just the natural next step.

FTR though, I honestly like the phrase "Hella Good" and the song too (think it came out in late 01 or early 02).

Question: IYHO, are the lyrics above smarter or um stupider than Snoop Dogg talk? Tell me that, my fellow postizzles?

No doubt

Frankly, I liked her when she was in No Doubt, that Jean Harlow look that was so well exploited by Scorsese in The Aviator, the blonde Hollywood star of the 30s, her red lips and mascara, her original voice and the songs.

But now, I don’t know what to think, her videos are kitsch, overloaded, weird, and if those are the lyrics…………????

Back