• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

H.i.m.

ValkyrieRaven88

Does anyone else listen to H.I.M.? I started listening to them because some of my friends liked them and I figured I should try it out. I LOVE the CD Dark Light and plan to buy more...my favorites songs are Vampire Heart and Rip Out the Wings of a Butterfly.

I've only heard one song by H.I.M. and it was the second one that you mentioned. It was pretty good, but I'm not a fan. I'm very picky about the music that I listen to, just as I am with everything else. I guess I should give H.I.M. more of a chance, but I'm one of those people who usually likes individual songs, never everything by a single group.

I rarely like everything by a group, but I have a few exceptions. I don't like EVERY song on the CD, but it's a pretty good CD. But yeah, most people who've only heard one or two of their songs like Wings of a Butterfly.

I love HIM!!

My favorite song by them is Vampire Heart. They have a couple CDs out that weren't as popular here in the states, but they are big in their native country of Finland.

Love HIM. :)

I only have a few mixed CDs that a friend of mine (who is obsessed with HIM) burned, but they're amazing :).

Musically, the band is good, but their lead singer has a very weak voice. They're not a terrible band but I'm sure there are better groups that have a similar sound.

When asking someone if they like HIM you usually hear the reply, "Oh, the 'lovemetal' band? Yeah they're cool, they sing that 'Buried Alive By Love Song' right?" Then proceed to sing the line "I've been buried alive by love"

Makes me laugh everytime! In response to your question, I listen to HIM quite a lot, I'm not an avid fan, but I like their stuff. I think their cover of 'Wicked Game' is divine :D

theoptimist said:
I think their cover of 'Wicked Game' is divine :D

That cover is really cool! I think it looks ten times better than Dark Light, but Dark Light's songs are better by far. Especially the first five!:)

I really hate the cover of Greatest Lovesongs Volume 666. It's not a very good picture of Villi Valo at all.

Back