• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hail Bathory!

Bathory

I have arrived to bless you all with my presence!

...or something. Hm, let me tell you a story.

Today, I said to my self, "Self, am I the only one who reads?" I replied, "Of course not!" As I look around I spot someone, "Ah, you see?" "Look closer... it reads the Da Vinci Code," replied myself. I nearly dropped Goethe's Faust in disgust. Arriving home a few hours later, these hands of mine typed "book" and "forum" into google search. I arrived here, browsed a bit, and found that there are others! Clicking the "New Thread" button...

I hope that pinch of bad writing doesn't make me look like an *ahem*

How's that for first impressions? Ahahaha! (Good one!)

For a little background information:
>Senior in High School
>17 years of age
>Like long walks on the beach...

I hope to see you all around the forum!

Welcome and have fun!! oh and i almost forgot, don't even think for one second that you are the strangest user in this forum... :D
see you around

honeydevil said:
Welcome and have fun!! oh and i almost forgot, don't even think for one second that you are the strangest user in this forum... :D
see you around

There seems to be a direct correlation between how much one has read and the amount of screws lost. And I still have enough to hold this contraption of mine together.

Bye... for now.

Bathory said:
There seems to be a direct correlation between how much one has read and the amount of screws lost. And I still have enough to hold this contraption of mine together.

Bye... for now.

hmm... i don't know i think here are people who read more that me, but there not halfe as mad as me!! but who knows and good that one of us has a few scews left!! :p :D

Welcome.
Hope you won't mind that I'll probably end up imagining you posting in full Quorthon-style fur underwear (not really an image I want in my head, so uhh, maybe I shouldn't welcome you at all :eek: )

SillyWabbit said:
Welcome to the forum that was raised by wild badgers!

Good one! (you didn't do one for Jbug, I thought my comment had put you off! :( )

Welcome to the forum Bathory! :)

Magnolia_Moth said:
Welcome to the forum... May I ask where did you get your name from? Is it the Band or the Countess???

Bathory is one of my favorite bands... I consider everything up to Twilight of the Gods as essential to any listener of the genre.

I have always found the Countess interesting as well.

Bathory said:
>Like long walks on the beach...

What is it with Long Walks on the Beach? Is that code for something?

I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Back