• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Halloween costume

Gem

kickbox
Okay I know this is a really dumb thread, but what the heck.

this halloween i'm going to a big party - where the costume theme is characters from books, I gotta prepare early as i go away at the end of sept for a good few weeks but i have no clue who i should dress as - any ideas? Plus feel free to post any halloween costume related stories/embarrassments etc.

Very good question, I'm already thinking of what I'll wear this year. We have friends that have a huge annual party and everyone goes all out dressing up. If I had to pick a character from a book I would go with Pennywise from IT, my sis is terrified of clowns :D Do you have any favorite characters?

thats just it I can't think of any one fave character - I guess i'm kinda unfaithful - i get involved with every character I read, and the only one i can think of at the moment is from a fantasy - Drizzt D'Urden - but not sure if i wanna be going to a party as a mean looking male dark elf carrying two sharp scimitars :rolleyes:

yep, any book is ok - but poor Harry Potter has been outlawed.

I just finished organising costumes for my nephews - i have five in total and we always get together to go trick or treating together. One year I forgot to order the costumes and the only ones i could grab at the last minute were these strange arabian robes - i thought they were either 'wise men' or some kinda tribal gear so i persuaded my nephews to wear them, when they put them on they looked like little 'girls of the night' i took some pics and fell about laughing they didn't realise why i was laughing and went off to trick or treat. They've never quite forgiven me for that.

Why not go as a really obvious character from classic literature? Something like Laura from Little House, the Headless Horseman, Juliet, or even the whale from Moby Dick.

Great ideas from mehastings(as usual) How about going as Annabell Lee, or Keat's main girl that he fussed and stressed over? Not certain how you'd dress-but in the case of the former, I imagine a simple search could find the answer. :)

Last year-went as former President Clinton with a giant rubber mask thing. :p

My kids love halloween! Its the dressing up they like! But they always pick the same outfits! Ones a devil and the other is a witch!

ruby said:
My kids love halloween! Its the dressing up they like! But they always pick the same outfits! Ones a devil and the other is a witch!

Well atleast you're prepared, my son always changes his mind usually about the last day or so, but last year he made a really cute mummy. This year he stuck between a pirate or a wizard, oh the agony he's in :rolleyes:

I agree with mehastings - obvious is usually better. What about the pumpkin carriage from Cinderella, or maybe Willy Wonka, though that is perhaps a little cliched given the current movie. You could also go as the Cheshire cat if you're up to making a purple striped jumpsuit.

Kookamoor said:
What about the pumpkin carriage from Cinderella

Yes! This is a great idea. Of course, you'd probably have to start early on a costume like that (unless you are a very round person). I would think you'd need padding or a wire frame.

thanks for the great ideas everyone.

The pumpkin carriage? hmmm I wonder how much weight I could gain in the next 7/8 weeks....imagining all the yummy fattening food I could eat.....I think I like this idea very much....

Back