• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Happy 2005 Labor Day Weekend American's

Motokid

Here's to beer, last few days of the swimming pool being open, last summer traffic rush to get to beach for the year, laboring around the home doing the wife's "Honey Do" list, hamburgers, grilling, hunting for some of you, motorcycles, cooler temps where I live (might be able to turn off a/c for a few days according to forecast), washing cars, 3 day weekend for most, no work on Monday for most.....

Have A Great Labor Day Weekend American's.....and the rest of you too....

I'm not sure what it's for either, It is my son's 8th Birthday, so most of my family will be here :)

I think President Bush wants you all to stay at home this weekend to save gas doesnt he?

*rolls eyes heavenward*

francesca said:
I think President Bush wants you all to stay at home this weekend to save gas doesnt he?

*rolls eyes heavenward*

Oh shoot. I'll be working all weekend and will put less than ten miles on my car over the entire three days. Maybe I should bang out so I can drive around all day. I don't care for following directions.

Hope everyone has a great time. I'll be busy in Kansas reading Serpico, smoking cigars, as well as watching the kids play. :)

Martin said:
What the hell is labour day?

Sorry for the long wait Martin...

Labor Day is an American Holiday celebrating the working stiffs in this country...It's a national holiday for most, that's always the first Monday in the month of September.

It's an excuse to have a long weekend between July 4th and Thanksgiving....and get paid for the day off....for most people....

Martin said:
What the hell is labour day?

Labor Day

America's salute to the working man, and a good excuse (like we yanks need one) to tie one on. Our farewell to Summer.

and, BTW, it is definitely NOT spelled with a 'u'!! :D

Back