• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

happy father's day

Thanks Jenn for remembering me, thanks to all for kind words!
Really, being a father is a great joy. I even think it gives us a chance to know better what our life is about, - and that's the question worthy of anything, as Doug Adams showed us again.

We do not have a Father's Day here in Russia. We have a Mother's Day though, it is March 8th, it is called "The International Women Day" and is our national holiday. And we have a "Day of the Motherland Defender" - that's 23th of February, and supposedly a day when our Red Army has been founded. But this Defender's day is celebrated as the day of all men, as every man is supposedly a "Motherland defender" here.

So to be a man here is more important than to be a father. Queer.

honeydevil said:
man that sucks, you should invent a fathersday over there... that would be cool...

Hi honey, I would have liked that very much really, as we Russians like our holydays much better than working days, but alas I am not Mr. Putin to propose such a thing to the Russian people... I am but a non-important small-business twice-illiterate (not too literate in two languages, as they say in some song) ageing working man... :D

OK, I think I will. The nearest weekend. Oh, no! Friday 24.06 is a holiday in Europe and a working day here, so I will stay at home and celebrate it as the first Father Day in Russian history! Wow! I have several bottles of semi-sweet Georgian wines in my cellar... Twishi... Ojaleshi... Hvanchkara... What sounds! Everyone welcome to join!

Back