• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hard-to-see Links

Shade

I was reminded of this issue by this thread. And if you didn't realise that the word 'this' in my previous sentence was a link to another thread, then you've got the problem in a nutshell.

Most forums make hyperlinks a distinguishing colour from the rest of the text so that they're easy to spot. Under the new B&R colour scheme, a link in a message now appears the same colour as the rest of the text (or one so mildly different that my eyes/screen can't pick it up).

Have others noticed this, and if so can it be changed?

Agree on this point. I tend to always link author names to thier wikipedia page and book titles to amazon so people can get further info. But if the link looks like an underline, why make the effort?

I usually do bold them as well, Stewart, but sometimes that can make it look like random emphasis. I think a different colour is needed.

I should say that on my computers (work and home), links aren't automatically underlined and the underline only appears when the mouse is moved over them. So for me the work 'link' in this sentence doesn't have any distinguishing features, not even an underline. Hence my starting this thread.

Um, they haven't changed for me. They're not underlined even when I hover the mouse over.

Could it be your user settings or your browser? I viewed this thread in IE and Firefox, as well as changed the forum skin from B&R style to TBF classic; underlined links appear in the posts and signatures.

Back