• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Crews

joderu95

I've only read two of his twenty or so novels so I am a more than qualified expert to render my opinion on him. I read Celebration and Body and they were in order good and great. Anybody else read any Crews?

Harry Crew Reader

I just bought a copy of the Harry Crew Reader after someone on this forum suggested as a Southerner I might enjoy reading some Southern writers. It is in my TBR pile but very near the top. I will let you know when I get to it. :whistling:

tell me how the book is! i was considering to buy a copy before i leave for japan!

I am currently reading A Feast of Snakes which is very good. It has lots of local color. I recognize folks I knew back in the South in some of the characters. He writes from experience, obviously, as he is from rural Georgia. The book is a relatively short read and he is spot on with his characters and their motivations. Very well written...

If you were asking avout The Harry Crews Reader, I's suggest you go ahead and take it along on your trip. You certainly won't be bored by it!

Back