• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry dies not spoiler just speculation

Please remember "NEITHER CAN LIVE WHILE THE OTHER SURVIVES" so theoretically harry has to be killed be voldemort so y make him a horcrux.

I thought that there was something in the book that shut down that theory? Also, Dermotjpr has a point, if you are going to carefully construct a place where you could hide part of your soul, why would you kill it? Especially if you knew that one of your 7 is already "killed" or destroyed (he knows about the diary)

harry as a horcrux though could make sense some of voldy is in harry (parseltongue)etc. and this may be an advantage to harry hence the glint of triumph in dumbeldores eyes when voldy could touch him this ment harry was a horcrux but voldy didnt know therefore the advantage.Plus i think snape knows that harry is a horcrux and therefore dumbeldores trust in him.snape will help harry find the last horcruxes in the last book by getting close to voldy.
All of this has been planned by dumbeldore and he knew he would die thats y he let it happen. Snape has killed dumbeldore and so becomes voldys right hand man with the ability to find all of the horcruxes.

But why would Dombledore leave Harry in the dark about him being a horacrux, when he divulged all this other information to him?

I read in an interview (I'll try to find it again soon) where J.K. Rowling mentioned her religious beliefs, to the effect that she said something like (para-phrasing) " People always ask me if I'm a Christian, but no one seems to ever go any deeper than that...I suppose this is good for me though, because if people went any deeper, even the least intelligent of them might be able to guess at how I'm going to end my books." (again, just a para-phrase, not a quote here)-- This led me to think that she may have some sort of "death and resurrection" idea lurking about!

Could be...the one who dies in book 6 (ya'll know who), or Harry, as he sacrifices himself for his friends--VOLUNTARILY--which will thus enable them to defeat Voldemort as well...after all, the ONLY reason Harry is "the chosen one" in the first place, and has the power to defeat the Dark Lord, is because Lily chose to die for him when she needn't have...sorta like DD, if you think about it.
Just my thoughts on the matter!

i think harry is a decendent of a skule founder he will go back to godrics hollow and find out he is related to godric g and finally unite the skule by destroying the decendant of slytherin he will therefore be either killed in process or will become headmaster. I also think nevilles role is as a decendant as well ,even though he is in gryffindor he could be a decendant of hufflepuff. Finally ravenclaw stumps me i dnt know any1 who it could be

please tell me ure thoughts

I could buy the Gryffindor decendent part for Harry, because he was able to pull Godric's sword from the hat and it is too coincidental that he lived in Godric's Hollow. But in that case, James was a decendent of Gryffindor (because Lily was muggle born) and do all of James' friends know this? or is this unknowst to them? It makes sense that it would be a final battle between decendents of the 2 rival houses. I still don't know where to put Neville though. Unless Neville is the decendt from Gryffindor, because he comes from a long line of wizards....

Hows about this. Harry grows some cojones now that dumbeldore is gone and seeks out the death eaters. he wreaks havoc but isnt powerful enough to defeat voldemort and ends up dying in the process. Neville swoops in kills voldemort saves the day and maybe gets a girl or two.

Is any of this probable? some? I think that by her style i will wager these gueses:
One of the five main good characters will die for sure maybe even two.
( good caracheters meaning ron, hermione, harry, neville or Hagrid)

I think that the Weasly house will be hit with devastating losses.

I dont think we are through seeing people changing sides in any direction, IE I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Neville turn on Harry or any of Harrys Freinds for that matter or maybe Draco becomes a "good guy"

According to rumors on mugglenet.com Lilly potters occupation and background are going to be greatly questioned and we could see something interesting coming out of that.

Wouldnt it be interesting to see harry pull a side change right at the end, kinda a Frodo sorta thing. He wipes out the death eaters but greed and hate (being of the dark side of the force) consume him and the remaining cast has to contend with him and voldemort together.

Is Snape really on voldemorts side? or was his killing dumbeldore orchastrated by the side of good? Was it done just so harry could finally start thinking for himself and kick some butt?

Man I'm stoked! Has anyone heard when Rowling is going to release the final book? Is it even started?

Dermotjpr said:
its out in 4 years

NOOOOO

Actually, I was under the impression that it would be out in 2 years. I know that she's already begun parts of it, but she's taking some time off to raise her kids and be a wife for a bit...but she does sneak in a tincture of writing at times too! The Mugglenet/Leaky-Cauldron joint interview is where I think I read all this. Here's the link to it:

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml

Hmmm.... I think that you have seen Star Wars one to many times, honestly Neville turning on Harry? Consumed by the dark side? Are you forgetting why he lives with his grandmother, what he sees when he goes to St. Mungo's? No, I think that all of Harry's friends are loyal. The Weasley house being hit with tragedy, now that wouldn't be ironic or anything (recall Molly's vision from OoP).
Rowling said that she was taking 6 months off to be with her new baby, I forget when the baby was born so I don't know when she will "resume" writing. But I know that it will definately be a LONG time from now! Don't start getting antsy for book 7 because I think we have a few years to speculate first!

I have not seen star wars too much, it was merely a cross-genre comical reference. :confused: I really dont agree about the guranteed loyalty of his freinds outside of Hermione or Ron. Everyone key to the stroy has turned there back on Harry at least once during the course of the books and I wouldnt be surprised to see it happen again.

Scottishduffy said:
What if Harry himself is one of the Horcruxes mentioned in book 6?

I don't think so because voldy was trying to kill Harry, not
make him a horcrux.

Is Snape really on voldemorts side? or was his killing dumbeldore orchastrated by the side of good? Was it done just so harry could finally start thinking for himself and kick some butt?

I doubt it, because if that's all Snape wanted he would've found some other way to get DD out of the picture. He could have faked killing him or something, but if he was loyal to DD he would not actually kill him.

That would be interesting if DD's death really was a fake. There was no proof that anyone was actually in the coffin that was buried at the funeral. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up about that one, though.:eek: :D

Back