• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter VI

I honestly hope the sixth book is as long or longer than the fifth. The more Harry Potter, the better.

JKR has said that book 6 will likely be the same sort of length as Goblet of Fire, not longer (or even as long) as Order of the Pheonix. She also said not to hold her to this though because she hasn't finished it yet!

I went to www.jkrowling.com about two weeks ago and had to figure out the title by finding a bunch of clues. But it's a pretty fun site, and she writes stuff that some people dont already know, stuff that she doesn't outright mention in her books. For example, in her website, JKR affirms that Hermione's cat Crookshanks is a Kneazle.
(If anybody needs help finding the codes and stuff, just let me know.)

Have you guys been to Jo Rowling's page, lately? Because she said that she's going to kill more characters (wheter just one or more, she didn't say) and I'm devastated. Well, I guess a knew someone would have to die, this hit me. I hope it's not somebody I like too much - like last time :(

Oh yes, and she also dropped a hint about that Dumbledore and Petunia thing, when he said "Remember my last (letter)". Anyway, I'm completely in the harry potter fever again. But we'll have to wait at LEAST to 2005 for Book six.

I had a feeling we would have a long wait for the next book :rolleyes: And I understand the need to kill off characters too - but not Hagrid! :eek:

Linguana said:
Have you guys been to Jo Rowling's page, lately? Because she said that she's going to kill more characters (wheter just one or more, she didn't say) and I'm devastated. Well, I guess a knew someone would have to die, this hit me. I hope it's not somebody I like too much - like last time :(

I'm sure that many characters will die...Voldemort must show he's really bad...
My guesses are:
Dumbledore- book six or beginning of seven. Harry must face Voldemort without his help.
One of Weasleys (at least)- the're too many to survive all...My bet is Fred or George. Maybe also Percy, after redemption.
One of Harry's friends. I think Luna after becoming his girlfriend.
Lupin, Moody or Tonks (unless Tonks is traitor)
Somebody of teachers- maybe Snape? I'm not sure...
And finally- Harry at the end.

@Beatrycze: Harry won't die!!! Please, even if JK says it 100 times, don't believe that Harry will die. No matter how cruel the books are getting, it's still a children's story and in these, main characters (well, THE main character) don't die! And Dumbledore has to live at least until book 7.
Besides, if Harry does die, it would mean that Voldemort would live - thus, the magical world would have to go through yet another terrible time of his being on top. That can't be the purpose of telling the harry potter story, in the first place, now can it? :eek:

And about the Luna-Harry-lovers-then-she-dies-thing... it's a great idea but to me it just doesn't sound like JK. it sounds more Final Fantasy to me :p which is another good thing. And I think they will get together, eventually... but then I don't think JK is going to kill Luna (she likes her too much, herself!)

Honestly? I think that both Ron and Hermione will end up dying (either separately or together in a single book) and Harry will end up with Ginny. Yeah, he might die too. Life isn't always fair, and Rowling has always been very good at enforcing that rule. It's a fixed series, 7 books, so there's no reason to keep him alive if he saves the world from evil.

But I'll still keep reading them, regardless. It's a lot of fun! :)

Well, Rowling likes many of her characters...it's impossible they all will survive...Brutal as it may seem, but Harry's death would mean she won't be asked to write more...
I don't think that Voldemort will die- he IMO will face the fate worse than death...Harry will choose dying to killing him.
Honestly, do you think that such ending would be less suitable for children than with Harry as a murderer? :confused:
As for Tonks- I was suspicious from the very beginning. She did nothing in MoM- and she is an auror. Her clumsiness seems forced, she is from the Blacks, she screamed during flight on brooms as she was going to give notice to someone (like hermione at the end to centaurs), she asks about Harry's dreams- how the hell Voldemort knew about them?

Okay, so good point about Tonks.
Still... I don't believe Voldemort is going to survive! I mean, it isn't said that Harry is going to be a murderer. I'm sure Voldemort can be defeated (or destroyed) in some way other than just plainly killing him! Maybe he will die from Harry's not chosing to kill him, who knows.
But he will be defeated! And I don't think that either Harry, Ron or Hermione will die! It's just a gut feeling - it's like killing Frodo in LOTR :p . And I was so sure that HE was going to die :D .

So, I think it's going to be another minor main character. As for the very ending, I'm sure Rowling still has lots of magic scandals she's going to throw into the story, but I doubt the ending is going to be so spectacular and far-fetched as some say on the net, not particularly you guys here ;) , just all over the net.

I doubt Harry, Ron or Hermione will die. I don't see what it would acheive for the story. And I'm not convinced about Tonks. I suppose it all depends on what happens in book 6

Back