• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Harry Potter VI

Maybe Tonks is bad, after all, she was too young to be in the order the last time so she would be a new spy for Voldermort.

h_carnahan said:
Maybe Tonks is bad, after all, she was too young to be in the order the last time so she would be a new spy for Voldermort.

But just maybe that was exactly what JKR had in mind when creating Tonks. That readers would be sure she must be a spy - so she can shock us with Tonks being one of the good guys! Hmm... I WANT BOOK VI NOW!!!!

h_carnahan said:
J.K. Rowling said on her website that she will kill off more characters, so who do you think will be next?
One of Weasley twins. IMO George, as he seems to be less powerful character than Fred. And I speculate that Malfoy may kill him...

I think Ron and Hermione will end up together. I mean, they're already bickering like a married couple! I'm almost positive they'll end up together. :D
-K-dawn

Beatrycze said:
One of Weasley twins. IMO George, as he seems to be less powerful character than Fred. And I speculate that Malfoy may kill him...

Which one? Lucias or Draco? I could see either one. Draco might do it in a fit of anger, but Lucias would do it for fun.

Cathy

I think that either Ron or Hermione may be killed. This could lead to Harry being so overcome by grief (especially after everyone else that he's lost) that he considers turning "to the dark side of the force" for want of a better way of putting it. On the other hand, this is such a cliche that JK will probably never even consider it.

I also think that Dumbledore will die, probably in the last book. I have always been convinced that Harry will survive, but it suddenly occurred to me that if JK does not kill him off, once she finishes the seventh book she will be forever pestered to write more, unless there is some kind of finality, so this might be a factor. But I really don't think that she would do that to all the readers.

Maybe give his all, meaning all of his magical power, so that he's rendered human forever? :eek: He'd still be revered, and could live in the wizard world, but he'd be closer to Hagrid's ability, or Filch's.

It WOULD solve it, though...

Cathy

I meant Lucius- he hasn't done much for Dark Lord yet. And there is animosity between him and the Weasleys. One of twins would be good choice for Rowling to kill- they are generally liked, but readers are not as attached to them as to main characters. And IMO there's too many Weasleys for all to go through war intact... :(
Yes, Ron and Hermione definatively :)
And I don't think Harry needs more grief...

Dumbledore has to die since he is stronger than Voldemort and he is sort of in the way of the fight between Harry and Voldemort.
I'm not sure that she would kill Ron and Hermione but I do belive that Harry will die in his fight with Voldemort.

Hay

I believe the 6th book will most likely be longer than the 5th book. Does anyone remember when JK Rowling told us that the 5th book was going to be the size of prisoner???

I think that Felix Felicis (not sure how you spell it) is going to be the new dada teacher, if you look at the chapter patterns, most dada chapters appear at chapter 11 I believe.

3ebfan11 said:
I believe the 6th book will most likely be longer than the 5th book. Does anyone remember when JK Rowling told us that the 5th book was going to be the size of prisoner???

I thought I remembered JK saying that the fifth would be long because it was setting up a lot of stuff, but that the last two would be shorter (could be wrong here). The longer the books, the better, as far as I am concerned! :)

3ebfan11 said:
I think that Felix Felicis (not sure how you spell it) is going to be the new dada teacher, if you look at the chapter patterns, most dada chapters appear at chapter 11 I believe.

Do they? I hadn't noticed that - interesting!

Just Guessing

OK, I'll jump in and give my guesses.

1) Ron and Hermione end up together.
2) Dumbledore gets killed off (most good mentors do. Doesn't make me want to mentor much, I gotta say ;) )
3) I think that Voldemort will die, but it will be something that isn't so much a murder by Harry as one of Voldemort's most powerful spells backfiring or being deflected back on him so that the death isn't murder and is not so much Harry's responsibility.
4) Yes, I think one of the twins will die.
5) I think (just for fun) that Harry may end up running Hogwarts. It is his home after all. But perhaps McGonagle will be headmistress for a book or two first.
6) There will be a Percy redemption (probably trying to save another family member) that gets him killed.
7) There will have to be at least one real shocker of a traitor, and one real shocker of a defector back to the light side.

I remember reading that there is going to be a new minister of magic in the 6th book. Is there just reelections? Possibly Fudge is voted out (vote of no confidence)? Or is the minister of magic a lifelong duty and that means Fudge will die? Any thoughts on how the change of power takes place?

I think that Professor McGonagal will die in the 6th book, because she is also a good mentor but Dumbledore is too powerful and not as vulnerable. I also think that a Weasley will die (too much foreshadowing with the Boggart in book 5).

h_carnahan said:
I remember reading that there is going to be a new minister of magic in the 6th book. Is there just reelections? Possibly Fudge is voted out (vote of no confidence)? Or is the minister of magic a lifelong duty and that means Fudge will die? Any thoughts on how the change of power takes place?

I think that Professor McGonagal will die in the 6th book, because she is also a good mentor but Dumbledore is too powerful and not as vulnerable. I also think that a Weasley will die (too much foreshadowing with the Boggart in book 5).
ya, it said it on her official site and she also said it is "NOT" Aurthur Weasley.

Robert said:
Any thoughts on the danger to the Order from Kreacher because of the death of Sirius?

Hmmmm. I think that Kreacher had already served his purpose with luring out Harry and didn't do any more damage. Dumbledore certainly didn't express any thoughts along this line (Kreacher's danger) so I doubt that there would be anything else Kreacher did, or else it would have been in the last book.

h_carnahan said:
Hmmmm. I think that Kreacher had already served his purpose with luring out Harry and didn't do any more damage. Dumbledore certainly didn't express any thoughts along this line (Kreacher's danger) so I doubt that there would be anything else Kreacher did, or else it would have been in the last book.

The reason I think about it is because Kreacher knows some of the secrets of the Order, including membership. That of course includes Snape, who could quickly find himself in hot water if he gets caught spying for Dumbledore.

I do however think that Voldermort is aware that Snape's loyalties now lie with Dumbledore, but just some of his death eaters are unaware of this.

h_carnahan said:
I do however think that Voldermort is aware that Snape's loyalties now lie with Dumbledore, but just some of his death eaters are unaware of this.

We haven't seen anything to support this. Perhaps in the next book.

Back