• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Has anyone read the book by Eoin Colfer called...

Soul Residue

The Supernaturalist By: Eoin Colfer? I just got it today and am only on chapter two, who else has read it or at least some of it, and if you have do you like it? I love the book.

Here is the amazon description on it since I don't wanna type a whole lot right now XD: In the not-too-distant future, in a place called Satellite City, thirteen-year-old Cosmo Hill is unfortunate enough to come into the world unwanted by his parents. And so, as are all orphaned boys his age, Cosmo is dipped in a vaccine vat and sent to the Clarissa Frayne Institute for Parentally Challenged Boys-freight class. At Clarissa Frayne, the orphans, called "no-sponsors," are put to work by the state, testing dangerous products that never should be allowed near human beings. By the time the no-sponsors are sent to their cardboard utility pipes, given their nightly meal pack, and finally fall asleep, they are often covered in burns, bruises, or sores from the work of the day. Cosmo Hill knows that he must escape, even though he has no idea what might be waiting for him on the outside. He plans for the moment when he can make a break. When that moment finally comes, he nearly dies while escaping. But he is rescued by a gang of "Supernaturalists," a motley crew of kids who all have a special psychic ability-one that Cosmo is about to learn he has as well. They "see" supernatural Parasites-tiny, translucent creatures who feed on the life force of humans.

SD, you've already posted this in a different forum - please do not clog up the forum with multiple posts of exactly the same thing. Most of us check all of the forums and, if we had something to say about this book, we would.

Forgive me, but if you get this excited over all books after just two chapters, then you are an author's wet dream!!!

She was not insulting you Soul. She was giving you friendly advice. Please don't post topics in more than one forum.

yep i saw your other post at lunch time, but didnt reply since i never heard before about this book, altought looks interesting.
but since you already open another thread, why dont you tell us about lemony snickets (you seem to be a big fan), i guess it must be quite good (or at least quite popular) in order to get a film with such budget, and i personally never heard of it before the movie.

Lemony Snicket (Lemony Snicket is a pen name by the way) is the author who created the series: A Series Of Unfortunate Events. He is a very mysterious man, and nobody's ever got a good picture of him, and in all of his pictures you can only see part of his face, the other part is always shadowed out. He likes solving puzzles and mysteries. That's about all I know if you want to know more, I recomend reading: Lemony Snicket The Unauthorized Autobiography.

but are the books any good?
can i use the movie as a good reference of what to expect from the books?
how many books are there, and should they be read in chronological order, or do you recomend anyone in special to be readed first?

Re: The Supernaturalist - I've read it and I liked it, but I do prefer his Artemis Fowl books, possibly because there is more humour in them. The Supernaturalist was surprisingly nasty in parts! Quite entertaining, but not one of my favourites to say the least. :)

Yes, I've heard about A Series Of Unfortunate Events, Artemis Fowl, and The Supernaturalist. In fact, Daniel Handler a.k.a. Lemony Snicket and Eoin Colfer are my most favorite authors of all time! Unfortunately, I haven't read The Supernaturalist yet but i'm hoping to do so soon.

by the way, anyone else know about Colfer's other book, The Wish List? :)

I've read The Wish List. I really enjoyed it. In summary, not as good as the Artemis Fowl books but better than The Supernaturalist! :) (I'm one of the few people who wasn't really that impressed by The Supernaturalist.)

Back