• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Have been wondering about a book series I read in 6th grade.

Magicandmight

The subject of this book series went as follows (at the best of my memory capacity):

A wizard visited a castle and provided entertainment for the king and his court when he left a young page followed him to learn magic from him. Instead the wizard enrolled him a school of wizardry. During which he befriends a thief who became a great friend. He stayed at this school for many years when finally he was tested for his quality of wizardry. (Now I dont remember much about this except for that one of test involved putting out a candle and that the people giving the test were amazed that he just extinguished it instead of using wind or water. Later he uncovered a plot and had to kill someone in a tower. At which point he was expelled from the school and was forced to go talk to someone. This is where the first book ended and where I was forced to stop in the series as I was unable to find the next book at the time.

Does anyone know the name of this first book and it series?

Magicandmight said:
The subject of this book series went as follows (at the best of my memory capacity):

A wizard visited a castle and provided entertainment for the king and his court when he left a young page followed him to learn magic from him. Instead the wizard enrolled him a school of wizardry. During which he befriends a thief who became a great friend. He stayed at this school for many years when finally he was tested for his quality of wizardry. (Now I dont remember much about this except for that one of test involved putting out a candle and that the people giving the test were amazed that he just extinguished it instead of using wind or water. Later he uncovered a plot and had to kill someone in a tower. At which point he was expelled from the school and was forced to go talk to someone. This is where the first book ended and where I was forced to stop in the series as I was unable to find the next book at the time.

Does anyone know the name of this first book and it series?

OH NO! This sounds SO familiar!!!! I'm certain that I have read this book but I don't remember what it is! Now I want to know as well lol Damn you! :D

I'm just makin' a guess here, and since it's been years since I've read the book, and I'm probably way off, but I wonder if you're talking about Magician: Apprentice by Raymond Feist ?
Have to go with this as well.

Extinguishing the candle flame sounds so familar, was the magician called pug?

But wait, pug's friend was a stable boy called Tomas, not a thief.

Will have to think some more :confused: :confused:

i read this book in the waiting room of the eye doctor, but i dont know if it was the same because it was incredibly easy and i finished it in like 45 minutes, probly less- it was only 150 pages or so? it was something like "wizard's school" sumthing not very original... i think- wasn't very good though! :p

Back