• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Have you broken....

Martin said:
Ice:

Take my advice - leave him, girl!

Cheers, Martin

All of these happened before I met Phil :p I broke my hand just before I was due to go skiing so I refused to let them rebreak it until after I had been :rolleyes: I also took my driving test with it broken :eek:

At the moment I have two deep cuts just above my knee, managed to slice my leg open with a penknife at 3:30 in the morning when we were camping
cry001.gif
I didn't bother going to the hospital as we had the dog with us so I just bandaged it up my self, when I went to the hospital after we returned I was suitably chastised by the doctor as I had needed several stiches but because I had left it so long there was nothing they could do about it, so I just have to keep changing the dreesing and hope it doesn't leave too big a scar :(

ay. anyone here have arthritis from an injury that never felt like healing right.
my back decided to get arthritis, i tried to talk him into just healing and being quiet but you no the body, it does what it wants. damn imperfection!

Lets see: Broke a toe at swimming practice in HS, Broke my nose while in the Army (actually the doctor said my septum was seperated from my skull) and most recently my one of my ribs was broken by a turning back kick during my karate test. The last one by far was the worst.

Broke my writing arm (the right one) when I was learning cursive in 3rd grade. I was already a terrible writer and got the lowest scores in handwriting, so this didn't help. I've also had stitches three times...all in my face. I hope to avoid more stitches in the future.

Breaking my arm was kinda cool, because I got to school late (they put my cast on during the morning) and I got all sorts of attention from my classmates. Even my worst enemy was nice to me.

i have only broken one thing in my life, my heart. but that aside, ive chipped an ankle bone when i was in 6th grade. and sprained a bit too may things.
i have to know which hurts worse, a broken heart or bone? hmmmm.....

Hearts....the pain just seems to last and is rather unrelenting, as compared to a broken bone, which just doesn't hurt that long.

Sapper41 said:
Lets see: Broke a toe at swimming practice in HS, Broke my nose while in the Army (actually the doctor said my septum was seperated from my skull) and most recently my one of my ribs was broken by a turning back kick during my karate test. The last one by far was the worst.

Isn't the septum the piece of muscular tissue that divides the two chambers of the heart? If it is, then I would be worried if it had been attached to your skull in the first place!

Martin: I have seen Unbreakable-are you a bona-fide superhero then?

Themistocles said:
Isn't the septum the piece of muscular tissue that divides the two chambers of the heart?

Nope, part of your nose. Not sure which part, tho. Someone look it up.

Litany said:
It's both. Heart and nose. It's very versatile.

So does it do shifts on both jobs-working in the heart by day, standing in for the nose at night? Or is it more of a supervisor, dashing between the two to ensure that everything's running smoothly?

Themistocles said:
So does it do shifts on both jobs-working in the heart by day, standing in for the nose at night? Or is it more of a supervisor, dashing between the two to ensure that everything's running smoothly?

Hmm. How to explain. It exists in a universe parallel to ours which allows to be in both the heart and the nose simultaneously. Basically it harnesses the power of both faster than light travel and time travel in order to perform its job. However, this can be a little taxing and what with the boom in the population the traffic of septums through the multi-dimensional wormholes is reaching critical mass. Hence the increasing risk of heart attacks and hay fever in our modern society.

I'd have to brush up on my cheese string theory if you wanted me to go into the details. It's easier to just say it's a quantum thing and rely on people nodding their heads sagely and pretending that they understand.

The septum i'm talking about is the one that seperates the nostrils. That piece of cartilage that gets in the way when picking your nose. Now one of my nostrils is bigger then the other when you look on the inside. It used to be real bad a whislte for about 4 months after it happens, but now it only does that if im sick or after a long run.

Back