• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Have you ever had a book signed by the author?

Had my copy of Vector Prime signed by RA Salvatore...had him write "I'm sorry, Chewie, they made me do it." He was really cool and very interesting to listen to speak. He told the story of how he'd gotten into writing, it all stemmed from being stuck home during a snow storm over winter break with nothing to do but read LOTR.

tales

chewie, you got a good one there!

Ashlea i know what you mean about service men, i've done events with John Major - special branch are a laugh to drink with and Salman Rushdie, Salman's special branch crew came with sniffer dogs and a metal detector! Even sir Alex Ferguson had bodyguards!

Can't remember my favourite dedication, Viktor Pelevin drew me a picture to describe how they make J's in russia and also dedicated my copy of "a clay machine gun" with a poem in russian (still haven't had it translated), Bernard Cornwell has written me a few i introduced him several times, Nick Hornby wrote something encouraging on the fly sheet of "about a boy" because i had to introduce him in front of tv cameras - came in useful when the girl had to write an essay about him (did you know he was an english teacher and liked to teach steinbeck).

anybody else got any good dedications?

ksky

This one doesn't quite fit in the same catagory as yours ksky but another one that I have & forgot about is the autobiography Walk This Way by the rock band Aerosmith. :cool:
All of the members signed it and the lead guitarist, Joe Perry drew their logo with the wings. But then again I think he does that with most of the books he signs.

RaVeN

Ooh, ooh, i forgot - i have some X-Files comics (WHHAAATT!!) signed by the artist Charlie Adlard, who is best mates with a work colleague of my Dads ... so i got free signed comics, yay!!

Phil

yes I have been to 2 of them,the first one was last year,one of my fav author's was here,Lisa Jackson,and one of my other fav's was here this year,Heather Graham.

We went to a book signing at Octavia Book store in N.O. earlier this year for Alan Furst. His new book came out in paperback and he signed whatever was bought at the time. Nice guy, interesting and personable speaker. We have all of his books.

I also have a stack of books signed by Lawrence Block.

Oh, we had a few new books signed by authors...can't even remember who they were now, new authors at the last ALA meet up in New Orleans. The books were also free. Not a bad deal. :cool:

Went to a book signing by author of the Stephanie Plum books... Janet Evanovich...but I don't think I'd want to stand in line for 4 hrs again. ONce was enough.

When I saw David Sedaris give a reading in 2008, he signed two books for me beforehand: Me Talk Pretty One Day and Holidays on Ice. I also have a signed copy of Poppy Z. Brite's collection Guilty But Insane, but that book was purchased online.

Back