• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Have you ever take inventory of how many books you ever read

Several months ago, I had the hare-brained idea to try to reconstruct, as far as humanly possible, my life-reading list. I have several books that are collections of great books to read. One of them has lists of all kinds of older books-the stuff that would have been in school libraries when I was a kid(born in 1961, so you do the math!). This book even includes ALL the titles from the Childhood of Famous Americas, and the Landmark series. I went through all these and made a list of what I remembered, and added others as they came to mind. I've only been keeping "strict" records for the last three years, so I know I've missed some. I also checked on Amazon for certain authors I've enjoyed, and went through their lists. I came up with well over 1000. I have the list in a 3-ring binder, with alphabet dividers, sectioned by author's last name. Is this wierd or what?

MonkeyCatcher said:
I really wish that I had started a "read" list before now, but I only got the idea after joining this fine forum. I'm going to start a "books read" list beginning Jan 1st, 2006. I think that I'll keep it in a hardcover journal and record title, author and the number of pages.

thats a good idea

Prairie_Girl said:
I've probably read thousands though. When I was a kid I would read 4-5 books a day at times.

ah, i remember those days. i miss them. i had nothing to worry about, school wise at least.

I started an inventory last year and tried to recall some of the books I've read before. Only got just over 100 on there though and I know I've read much more. Haven't added all those Agatha Christie books I read when I was younger either coz I can't remember which ones I read and which I didn't. Wish I started earlier too.

Back