• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Have you ever take inventory of how many books you ever read

speedwhiz

Well......akem

I have read about 578 books till date.
How I know I have read so many of them?
All the books are still with me in my bed
room...heheh

How about you guys?

I've only been keeping track of the books I've read since 1999. As of now, I'm up to 237. I have been an avid reader all my life, though, so I'm sure its well over a thousand undocumented. I have a smallish journal in which I write the book and author as I read them.

I'm 39 and have been an avid reader since I was 9 - there's no accounting for how many books I've read over the years. I can't even remember the titles of half the books I've read. Perhaps I'll take the time to account for everything I can remember, but that would take considerable time.

This year I have finally made a list of everything I read...for this year only. As for the rest of my life, gosh it must be in the thousands by now!! I don't know. LOL But as for this year I have read 31 books so far. :cool:

I would have to guess it between one and two thousand. I have been keeping track of titles and authors since July 1 and I'm at just under 70.

I am listing all the books I have read, starting from the beginning of 2005 (not long I know). So far I have read about 40 books. I really should have started a list before, it's quite interesting to see what I have read.

I started my list back in 1997 and I keep kicking myself for not starting one earlier. I can't remember any of the titles of the books I read as a kid, and I want to go back and read them again. I haven't read that many, by the way. 343 books in eight years just isn't much.

I just started a list of the books I've read this year, but I've been an avid reader all my life, so I have no idea how many books I've read total.

I wish I had been keeping a list, it would have been interesting to look back. It would be in the thousands since I've always been an avid reader. Maybe I could start one now, some of the books are still here, but I've done a LOT of library borrowing over the years.

Wow Looks Like All Are Pro Here

It is really interesting and a sense
of accomplishment when you learned
that you have read so much books.

I was browsing the net to look for
information about the average
numbers of books, articles and
magazine read by average readers.

It is really amazing to find that for
an average reader who constantly
feed the mind with mental nutrients
averaged 1000 books for 10 years
not including articles, magazines
and other reading materials.

No wonder all online and offline bookstores
made millions each year!

speedwhiz said:

Really? That surprises me. I read a lot more than anyone else I know and there's no way I will make it to 1000 books in ten years. I just don't have the time and I read a lot of long books.
speedwhiz said:
No wonder all online and offline bookstores
made millions each year!

This, on the otherhand, does not surprise me. I know they get at least $1500 from me each year.

I don't know, but I wish I had kept a list. I keep track of all the books I own in a data base program, so I know when I bought each one and what I paid for it, but that doesn't tell me anything about all the books I've borrowed from the library, or the trashy ones that I don't bother to log in (or want to confess that I even read). I have over 3,000 books in the data base now, but the total that I've read has to be a lot more, especially if you count all the ones I read as a child.

speedwhiz said:

That's 2 books a week.

That's 100 books a year. WOW! I had a pretty good year last year and I didn't quite get 80 books. A 100 book year for me would be stellar!

I read a lot more when I was younger and had more time - also, I was reading lighter material then. Now that I'm older and have a career and other demands on my time I read maybe a book a week.

I'm always puzzled when people say they don't have enough time to read. You make the time, same as you do for anything else that's important. I don't have kids, so that helps, but still: I read every single night before I go to sleep, no matter what; in fact I don't think I could fall asleep without the soporific of a book. If I can, I read before work in the morning too, or at lunch, or whenever I have time, even if it's only for a few minutes.

It's like people who say they wish they could write. I think everyone who wants to can write, it's just that some people choose to and some choose not to; it's a lot of work and most people just give up. I think it's a choice, just like any other, as prosaic as deciding to go to the gym or not.

ja9 said:
I'm always puzzled when people say they don't have enough time to read. You make the time, same as you do for anything else that's important. I don't have kids, so that helps, but still: I read every single night before I go to sleep, no matter what; in fact I don't think I could fall asleep without the soporific of a book. If I can, I read before work in the morning too, or at lunch, or whenever I have time, even if it's only for a few minutes.

Thank You! I've always wanted to smack people who use the very poor excuse 'I'm too busy' to avoid doing something. What they truly mean is they don't care enough to take the time to do something. Of course there are people who are truly too busy but I don't actually know any.

ja9 said:
I read a lot more when I was younger and had more time - also, I was reading lighter material then. Now that I'm older and have a career and other demands on my time I read maybe a book a week.

It's like people who say they wish they could write. I think everyone who wants to can write, it's just that some people choose to and some choose not to; it's a lot of work and most people just give up. I think it's a choice, just like any other, as prosaic as deciding to go to the gym or not.

I agree wholeheartedly!! They just don't want to badly enough. Heck, I've got four kids and two businesses and just as busy as anybody I know, and I make time to read because it is one of the things I love. And what gets me, is a lot of those people who say they don't have time to read spend 2-3 hours a day in front of the television. :rolleyes:

speedwhiz said:
Well......akem

I have read about 578 books till date.
How I know I have read so many of them?
All the books are still with me in my bed
room...heheh

How about you guys?

i wish i would've kept inventory.. i know i've tried and failed.

I really wish that I had started a "read" list before now, but I only got the idea after joining this fine forum. I'm going to start a "books read" list beginning Jan 1st, 2006. I think that I'll keep it in a hardcover journal and record title, author and the number of pages.

I started counting the day I joined this forum, and since September 9, I've finished 11 books. I've probably read thousands though. When I was a kid I would read 4-5 books a day at times.

Back