• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Have you think about your death?

what age do you think you"ll be when you die?

• In your 90s, who lived a long good life?

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • In your 70s?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • In your 50s?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • In your 30s?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or you feel it's very soon?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't consider 'damn' to be a swear word. We had a heated discussion about this at work actually as we talked about introducing a swear box but no-one could agree on what words should be included on the list :D I was arguing that 'bollocks' wasn't a swear word but was over-ruled - its a good job we didn't get round to introducing the swear box as I would be a lot poorer by now - that's one of my favourite words!

Martin said:
You can say 'damn'.

Cheers, Martin
Just because I "can" doesn't mean I have to, or even that I want to.

Actually, what has been rather amusing is to learn that Yiddish words my folks (who are NOT Jewish) say as a matter of course, are actually the worst possible swear words you can use in Yiddish. I'll not repeat them here for fear of offending any possible Jewish forum members, but feel free to PM me if you're curious.

Lyra said:
Dang? Is that a word? If so, I like it :D

Dang. :rolleyes: such a funny word. :) seems like the bell striked in a round of boxing exercise.

AH! As for the topic, I guess it could be my 70's. Yet, if i can spare some time to do more exercises or have a settled schedual for sleeping, I could probably end in my 90's. I DON NOT LIKE to live that long! Cannot bear the lose of youth! Just find it is very very veryveryhard to face with ageing thing. :eek:

Here are some lyrics from Bruce Dickinson's Song "Omega"
"Who wants to live forever
With nothing left to hold onto the past that we once knew?"

What had we lost if we had never birthed?
i'm not pesimistic. i've just read it somewhere and i dont know the answer.

SPEEDY_PARKER said:
Here are some lyrics from Bruce Dickinson's Song "Omega"
"Who wants to live forever
With nothing left to hold onto the past that we once knew?"

What had we lost if we had never birthed?
i'm not pesimistic. i've just read it somewhere and i dont know the answer.
i guess we lost what could have been gained if we were born....

Back