• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Have you think about your death?

what age do you think you"ll be when you die?

• In your 90s, who lived a long good life?

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • In your 70s?

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • In your 50s?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • In your 30s?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or you feel it's very soon?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lahondas

Have you thought about your death?

i was thinking the other day, how will i die it starlted me in a way i never have before. when and where? and what will i think in those last seconds, and what will i see last? what if the last thing i saw was my murderer? or the very car that will run me down on a highway, or an explosion of fire. maybe a gun looking me straight on, or the ground coming closer and closer as i fall. them i thought maybe ill see my husband holding my hand as i slowly sleep away into my death, from an old age and a great long lived life. i ofcourse perfer that. but who knows. and thats what upsetted me, realizing and dwelling on it. have you ever thought of this? what did you feel?

I'll be ancient, really wrinkly and even more cantankerous than I am now.

There's a good little death clock on the BBC website actually. That reckons I'll live till I'm 90-something, so I'll go with that. I don't smoke, I don't drink, I'm not overweight. While people in my family have been afflicted with horrible diseases they've all been one-offs, nothing actually runs in the family. So I'll live for ages, with the added advantage of having my final killing disease coming as a lovely surprise.

Can't say I particularly dwell on thoughts of death. It doesn't really bother me. It's one I sorted out at a young age. Everyone dies, my personal belief is that when you die that's it, all over. So the worst thing I have to look forward to is the pain of my own death, and then it will all just feel like it did before I was born, i.e., it won't feel of anything. And as I plan on being tanked up on morphine when I go, I don't even have to worry about the pain.

Even if I die a violent death, the outcome is the same, so there's no point in worrying. Either I get hit by a bus today, or I don't.

lahondas said:
i was thinking the other day, how will i die it starlted me in a way i never have before. when and where? and what will i think in those last seconds, and what will i see last? what if the last thing i saw was my murderer? or the very car that will run me down on a highway, or an explosion of fire. maybe a gun looking me straight on, or the ground coming closer and closer as i fall. them i thought maybe ill see my husband holding my hand as i slowly sleep away into my death, from an old age and a great long lived life. i ofcourse perfer that. but who knows. and thats what upsetted me, realizing and dwelling on it. have you ever thought of this? what did you feel?

Don't you know? I thought you were psychic???? :D

Actually, I have a dream about eating a kebab. Well, more like licking a kabab really. I wake up all kinda bothered. Can you tell me what this means??? :eek:

The whole family lives well into their 90's, minus the few random early deaths we've had (mostly from accidents). I figure I'll go the same way as them.

SillyWabbit said:

Actually, I have a dream about eating a kebab. Well, more like licking a kabab really. I wake up all kinda bothered. Can you tell me what this means??? :eek:
To dream of eating or tasteing food is unlucky it denotes disunion among your family, losses in your trade, disappointments in love, and is a sure sign of quarrelling. In business it means that you are about to lose money through carelessness in not taking a receipt, the amount being in proportion to the quantity of food you have in front of you. In love affairs it signifies separation, coldness and quarrels.

SillyWabbit said:

i think it means you havent had sex for a while......
or you are agitatited by a movie or show you saw that night....

Martin said:
I can't die - one of the perks of being a God.

Cheers, Martin
Hmmm, No, we were talking about the REAL world outside this forum.....outside this tea cup...

I always thought, and had reoccuring dreams of my death in a car crash at 28...
Unfortunately it never happened...so I'm left to fade away....

lahondas said:
i think it means you havent had sex for a while......
or you are agitatited by a movie or show you saw that night....

WHAT??? :eek:

Why do you say that? :eek:

Well, there is the dream about the hotdog... well, forget it :D

What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Cheers, Martin
We aren't. So the logic doesn't follow. Now I'm going to actually go do some work. (Don't die of shock -- I'll be back in a flash, I'm sure! LOL)

That was one of my favourite quotes from The Matrix - wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Good luck at work.

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
That was one of my favourite quotes from The Matrix - wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Good luck at work.

Cheers, Martin
Dang. One of these days you're gonna get the fact that I get your humor. Maybe. :p

Back