• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello Again!

sally_sausages

Hello again...

this is more of a re-introduction as I actually joined the book forum last January, but I haven't posted much since. I have read and lurked but am coming out again :)

I am an avid reader and particularly like Alice Hoffman, Elizabeth Berg (smalltown america!!) Armistead Maupin (Tales of the City) Patrick Gale, Ian Mcewan, Alice Walker

and a lot of other contemporary writers. I seem to be out on a bit of a limb on most book forums since I am not a Sci-Fi/fantasy/horror fan... :eek:

I am currently reading Audrey Niffenegger's "The Time Traveler's Wife" which as close as I get to science fiction! I am really enjoying it.

In real life ( ;) ) I am an EBD teacher (part time to keep me sane) and work in a pupil referral unit with excluded (or at risk of being excluded) pupils with emotional and behaviour problems. It makes for an interesting work day :D

I make handmade jewellery and love going to local gigs and festivals.

Beaded jewellery mostly. I use a lot of Miyuki glass beads from Japan, and swarovski crystal bicones from Austria. I go through phases - Recently I went through a phase of making stretch tile/antiqued style bracelets. Now I am obsessing about chandelier style earrings - I particularly like to make antiqued style things - to go with vintage / boho clothes etc

Cheers for the welcome back by the way :)

Your welcome for the welcome back welcome... now I feel dizzy :eek:

Do you make those 1930's style long bead necklaces? I always liked those :cool:

sally_sausages said:
Beaded jewellery mostly. I use a lot of Miyuki glass beads from Japan, and swarovski crystal bicones from Austria. I go through phases - Recently I went through a phase of making stretch tile/antiqued style bracelets. Now I am obsessing about chandelier style earrings - I particularly like to make antiqued style things - to go with vintage / boho clothes etc
Interesting talent there. Welcome to the forum.
:)

sally_sausages said:
In real life ( ;) ) I am an EBD teacher (part time to keep me sane) and work in a pupil referral unit with excluded (or at risk of being excluded) pupils with emotional and behaviour problems. It makes for an interesting work day :D

You have my admiration, I couldn't do that!
Welcome back; stick around this time! :)

Back