• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello All and suggestions please!

nikole.natali

Hello readers!!! This is just a little thread to introduce myself but mostly to ask other avid readers like myself to suggest some interesting and cannot-put-down books for me to read.

So first a little introduction: My name is Nikole Natali (yes that is the correct spelling of my name on my birth certificate) and I am an avid reader. I love books and cuddling in bed with a pillow, some fluffy socks, and a good book is definitely my idea of a good time. When I don't read, I sing and write. I'm almost 19 years old, so yeah I'm pretty young, but I'm extremely mature for my age thanks to less-than-desirable circumstances in my life. Anyway enough about me, now on to the books!!!

My all time favorite is definitely the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling! I'm a Potterhead through and through.

Recently I've really been into Jodi Picoult and I've read several of her amazing books: Nineteen Minutes, The Pact, My Sister's Keeper, Handle With Care, Change of Heart, Sing You Home, House Rules and Perfect Match and I'm always searching for more of her books to add to my collection. I love the way she writes and I'm the type to cry while reading, and she gets me every single time!

Other books that I've recently read are: The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steel, Pay It Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde, Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith and a couple others that I randomly picked up.

Other than hunting for Jodi Picoult novels, the sequel to Child 44, The Secret Speech, and re-reading Harry Potter and other books already in my collection, what I usually do is randomly take out some interesting looking books from my library's collection of english books (as I live in Israel and still only read in english, the choices are fairly limited) and try them out. Usually, only 1 or 2 out of 6 books interest me enough to stick with until the end. So I'm always looking for suggestions!

If you have any suggestions of a good novel, or a series, or anything really. Please let me know!!!

Oh, and please no spoilers!!! It is absolutely impossible for me to read a book if I know how it ends (the exception is re-reading books I have loved) from a movie or another person.

THANK YOU!!! :)

No, it is OK here but if you want me to move it to introductions, I can. :)

Oh, and welcome to BAR Nikole.

There is only one book worth recommending, by anyone, to anyone, and that is the brilliant, timeless gem, The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Hmm. If you're interested in more YA dystopian titles, you could try Carrie Ryan's The Forest of Hands and Teeth or Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series. And while I haven't read these, I hear Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson books are very similar to Harry Potter.

If you're looking for something new and interesting, my wife and I just got hooked on this new series called "Swing Zone" by Jodi McClure. Really sci-fi/fantasy related. Might be your cup of tea! 2 Issues are out right now, and Issue 3 will be coming in June (Which we can't wait for)

"In the year 2229, cash starved prospector Mia Blancharde uncovers a valuable relic while digging in the Swing Zone, a wild, forested area between two contemptuous post-apocalyptic cities.

Mia’s archeological find forces her to challenge the status quo, which places her in the middle of a larger conflict. On one side is her brother, Colonel Zavier Blancharde in her home city of Freedale, the seat of militaristic power and technology. On the other side, Coltis Lawson is an attractive archeology enthusiast in the rural community of Lakeside. His almost magical abilities confuse Mia's loyalties, as she finds herself unwittingly falling for a man who embodies a principled, but duplicitous nature.

A delicate accord between the two cities has ensured a peaceful coexistence, but tensions rise as renegade activists from Lakeside challenge the powers of Freedale. Impassioned blows of battle always appear on the horizon, which threaten to crush all hopes of a maintained peace.

Torn between the powers of love, her family, and her city, Mia must uncover the truth and avoid getting trapped on the wrong side of a perilous line."

It's all about female empowerment and just a kick ass female lead character. Very Intriguing stuff

Welcome to the forum! I find it hard to put down anything by Clive Barker, but you have to have a taste for that sort of thing.

One of the best books of all time is probably To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. The realistic characters in that book just floor me.

Welcome to the forum! I find it hard to put down anything by Clive Barker, but you have to have a taste for that sort of thing.

One of the best books of all time is probably To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. The realistic characters in that book just floor me.

agree 100% :) "To Kill A Mockingbird" is an all time classic. Prolly one of the best books I have ever read actually. Good Stuff Indeed

Back