• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello and let's see if I get it right

Michelleje

Hi all, very new to forums..using this thread to see if I have the hang of posting, bear with me :) As much as I love the outdoors and action, I have a mad passion for books. It's my duality-- totally still and absorbed in a book (any kind, any genre, any topic) or constant motion. Anyway, hello and looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Hi and welcome! What do you like to read? What part of Florida are you from? I used to have relatives in Lake Wales and on Boca Grande. They're all gone now, but I had lots of fun visiting when I was a kid.

Thanks!
Seriously, I will read anything. I just browse and pick up whatever trips my trigger in the moment. Most recently finished Sharp Objects. I DO have a thing for historical fiction though.
I'm in sunny South Florida which I love until hurricane season!

Thanks!
Seriously, I will read anything. I just browse and pick up whatever trips my trigger in the moment. Most recently finished Sharp Objects. I DO have a thing for historical fiction though.
I'm in sunny South Florida which I love until hurricane season!

I think I prefer the perils of Tornado season over hurricanes any day. At least we have a better chance of dodging the bullet than ya'll do. Still, you have a beautiful place the rest of the year...

Don't worry, Michelleje, this is a great forum to get started on. I'm pretty new to the scene, too, but I've had a great time here on the boards. And I don't think loving the outdoors and books is all that contradictory...

Don't worry, Michelleje, this is a great forum to get started on. I'm pretty new to the scene, too, but I've had a great time here on the boards. And I don't think loving the outdoors and books is all that contradictory...

No kidding, have you looked at the vast number of books about the outdoors!

Hmm, it's not so much that books and the outdoors are contradictory, but activity and books. Kinda hard (for me anyway!) to hike and read, swim and read, etc. But a nice combination is a lounge chair and a book :)

Back