• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello everybody, I'm new to forums...

Michigan

kickbox
:p Hello, how's everybody going? My name's Hannah, and I came here cause my friend recommended it. It took me forever to get my account activated and everything! Anyway, I'm a teenager and John Marsden is my favourite author. Just so you know I've been home-educated and I love to write. :) I've never been to Michigan, I just like the word.

Heya there! Cool you made it! You will soon realise how fun forums can be and how friendly everyone is :) Have a great time Hannah :wave: :)

Hehe. Hi Hannah, I'm going fine thanks. It took me ages to activate my account properly aswell. The damn link in my e-mail didn't work properly. I'm a teenager also - although I might be older than you because I'm on the cusp of my teenage years ;). I haven't read any John Marsden though. So we haven't got everything in common! But... my parents told me that if I had been born female, they would have called me Hannah. If you were born on the 8th March 1986 then you could be my alter ego. Somehow... :rolleyes:

Welcome here at last anyway. :D

hi hannah, like the name.
welcome to our little corner on the net, sure youll enjoy being around
just was thinking i have never meet a home educated person before (or at least i wasnt aware of the fact) and now there are at least two in the forum, so maybe sometime you might care to share about that experience with the rest of us :)

Nosferatu Man said:
If you were born on the 8th March 1986 then you could be my alter ego. Somehow... :rolleyes:

man, you make me feel so old, i know its not a big gap, but i just came to my mind that 1986 was the year i change my atari for a nintendo and there its a big chance you never got to play atari

Hehe, oh boy. No, I don't think I've ever played on an Atari, unfortunately. My first console was a SNES back in 1994. I kinda wish I was a bit older so I could have grown up with all the earliest consoles and computers, and watch them evolve into what we have these days. Having said that though, my dad's had a ZX Spectrum since he was a kid and I used to play on that occasionally before I got my SNES. I thought that was absolutely fantastic! ...still do really. Good ol' nostalgia. :cool:

My way of home-schooling is probably more laid back than most. I'm my own teacher, I just pick out interesting projects for myself, and then study on computer or in books. It's very laid back. I get to sleep in until after ten some mornings.

you are not even close :cool:

but dont worry youre still young, im sure in a few years youll be lazy enough as to study a doctorade :p

Well, if anyone else out there has anything in common with me - home-schooled, teenager, named Hannah, likes Japanese culture and anime, etc - please tell me!! :D

I'm lonely... :(

hi there hannah...

i'm pretty new to the forum myself, but have gotten a very good welcome. love this place.

i love anime, and the only manga i remember reading is dragonball. it's funny and irreverent, but mostly lots of fun. plus they are better than the anime.

:)

take care

ds

Hi there! :)

Hope you have a great time on the forum. Don't be lonely! All you need to do is talk to your invisable magical friends. They are everywhere. they are watching you. Watching you... right... now!

Back