• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello everybody

czgibson

Hello everybody,

My name's Callum and I live near Swindon in the south of the UK. Like everyone here I love reading and I'm always on the lookout for new things to read. I read mostly literature, history and philosophy, but there's room on my bookshelves for plenty of other genres too. (Well, in actual fact I'm always running out of bookspace, but you get the idea!)

My two favourite authors are Shakespeare and Joyce; I can't separate them, but for me they're miles ahead of the pack.

Aside from reading, I particularly enjoy listening to music of all kinds and playing the guitar.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi Callum. :D Since you're so into Shakespeare and Joyce what are your favorite works by those artists?

Hello and welcome, Callum!
If Shakespeare and Joyce, no Nabokov? :eek:
But 2 out of 3 ain't bad! :D
Peder

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcomes! :)

In answer to your q's:

Ulysses is my favourite work by Joyce (favourite novel ever, in fact)

With Shakespeare I alternate between Hamlet and King Lear, depending on whether I'm feeling young or old.... I'm in my twenties, a bit of an "in-between" time!

I'm also a fan of Nabokov, and anything of the kind he described as "ludic fiction", such as Anthony Burgess, Georges Perec, Raymond Queneau, Donald Barthelme, Thomas Pynchon, the list goes on and on....

Nabokov's writing style is something special, though, that's for sure. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear that you live near Swindon - but at least you don't live in the place itself.. :)

:)

Swindon's not great to be fair; Oxford's not too far away though, with the most marvellous and majestic Blackwell's shop on Broad Street!

Hi Callum! I love Hamlet too. "I could be bound in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinit space, were it not that I have bad dreams."

Enjoy TBF - hope to see you around a lot!

Back