• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello everyone

Infinity

I'm so glad I found this place. Everything is so wonderful here. I hope I will much enjoy staying here and spending time with all of you. My first post, and it is also my greetings to all who are members of this forum.

As you can tell from my first paragraphy, I am fascinated by this enormous Book Discussion Forum. I will certainly try to best to become its one of its most active members, meaning that I will make attempt to at least post one post per day, any topic. Again, I'm so happy to find out about you and this forum.

A little about me. I love to read. I also love to write. (It seems reasonable because reading often goes with writing, as if they are companions). Also, I would like to make it known that grammar is one of my greatest joys in life, along with Philosophy, Maths, and Economics. If you have read A Series of Unfortunate Events, you may find that I am quite similar to Klaus, Violet, and Aunt Josephine in the way that I love to read, as I have just stated earlier, to invent, mostly Chemistry-related (because I love Chemistry), and to correct grammatical errors (for example, we don't say "grammatical errors" but we say "grammar errors"). However, please forgive me if I'd make several grammar errors because I have not had enough experience like Aunt Josephine does. I am only 15 years old. I may be one of the youngest readers in this forum.

Finally, and again, I would like to tell all of you that I am very, very, and very pleased to be with everyone here so that we, as a community, can spend time discussing books we like. Here comes my first smiley in my first post: :)

Please welcome me. Thank you all a lot.

Welcome to the forum.
Don't know if you are the youngest here, but looks like you are the happiest :)
Enjoy your stay.

Thank you hay82 for your welcoming me to this forum. I can tell you right now that I am very happy reading a very good book: The Catcher in the Rye. Sometimes, I am a bit irritated by the profanity used in the book, but overally, I must say that the book is very well-written. I am loving it. (I have to read it for English so it is imperative that it be interesting and that I love it...) :)

(Oh and I didn't say I was the youngest; I did say I was one of the youngest readers in this forum, but perhaps not... ;) )

One more thing, I read The Art of War several years ago, when I was about 12. I love it. It is a very good book about strategy. Happy reading it.

Infinity said:
(Oh and I didn't say I was the youngest; I did say I was one of the youngest readers in this forum, but perhaps not... ;)
:eek: one point for you... :D

O_O Only one point? Is it out of a hundred? Please don't give me just one point because I don't want to fail. ;)

Infinity said:
O_O Only one point? Is it out of a hundred? Please don't give me just one point because I don't want to fail. ;)
Just be happy you got that one point and that I didn't make you sleep in the haunted corner.. :D

Welcome Infinity! Hope you enjoy it here.

Yes, you're lucky hay didn't send you to the haunted corner - 'specially if the flying penguins are there.

Do not mention the penguins... they listen always! :eek:

Welcome to the forum that never plays tricks on your kitty.

Hey Infinity!

I was probably about your age when I became REALLY passionate about literature and reading...I mean, I always read avidly as a child, but it was studying literature for my exams which made me really turn onto it! Do you intend to follow Literature in your studies I wonder? Or are you drawn more to the Chemistry? Lucky you, enjoying both. I was repelled by all things science and mathematical! LOL

I went on to study English Literature for A-level and then to degree level (I would have continued my degree for eternity if I could!) and eventually wound up teaching English for five years!

I am casting my mind back to the books I read when I was your age that really really wowed me and stay with me now...in case you fancied some recommendations?

Brother in the Land - Robert Swindells
Anything by Robert Cormier, but particularly After the first death, I am cheese and Fade....he is fantastic
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Ash on a young man's sleeve - Danny Abse
Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck

I'd be asking for peaches, Infinity, if I were you. Mushy, squishy everywhere, beware! Welcome to the forum! :)

sally_sausages said:
I went on to study English Literature for A-level and then to degree level (I would have continued my degree for eternity if I could!) and eventually wound up teaching English for five years!

I'll not be doing A-level English next year. I'll be doing IBHL A1 English. A lot of fun, I hope. :)

Back