• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Chicago!

Isabell

Hi there folks,

For obvious reasons, I'm new here. I just came upon this site by accident and I'm thrilled to have a place to read about books and ask opinions about them from you all.

I love to read, anything, anytime, anywhere. I much rather read the books then watch the movies.

I am 35 married and a mother of 2 great kids. Andrew is 6 years old and is a reader too. He's been reading since he was 3 years old. He'll be going into first grade and is reading at the 2nd grade level now.

My darling daughter, Rebecca is 8 1/2 and is also a reader. She's more on target for her level and grade, and I'm ok with that. Every night, we get together and read. Sometimes we have a group reading session, and sometimes we just sit together and read our own respective books.

My poor hubby doesn't read much, I have him working too much, that by the time the poor soul comes home, he's too mentally exhausted to take up any reading. However, he did beat me in reading Dan Brown's books.

The only ones that don't read are my 2 darling Italian greyhounds Vinny and Tony....But they sure can bark up a good story with the neighbors pooches.

Glad to be here, I'm really excited to get through this site and hopefully get to "know" all or some of you here!

Welcome to the forum and best wishes to you and yours in the Windy City.

I'm only new as well, i just joined last night. It seems like a very good messageboard so far. :)

Hello and welcome to the book forum! I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot! :)

BTW, Rebecca is a nice name.

Hi Isabell,

I haven't done this in a while but what the hell, we're practicaly neighbors, right?

Welcome to you and the rest of the Brady bunch.

RaVeN

Hi Isabel, I'm new too and hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I loved to read about your family reading sessions..my hubby doesnt read much either, or my 3 cats, but hey you can't win them all...

Howdy, Isabell! What kind of books does your boy like to read? I have a 7-year old and we love Sidekicks, Secrets of Droon, Horace Splattly the Cupcaked Crusader, Monster Manor, Alien Clones fron Outer Space, Maximum Boy, Spiderwick, Franny K. Stein Mad Scientist and much more.

Sell Sword said:
Howdy, Isabell! What kind of books does your boy like to read? I have a 7-year old and we love Sidekicks, Secrets of Droon, Horace Splattly the Cupcaked Crusader, Monster Manor, Alien Clones fron Outer Space, Maximum Boy, Spiderwick, Franny K. Stein Mad Scientist and much more.

My little guy loves to read "Andrew Lost" "Magic Tree House" Series, and currently, we're tackling all the books written by Roald Dahl. Right now we're on "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator"

Back