• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Croatia

Hi all,

Wayoutwilly here - of course, not a real name. But it would be cool, it really would be.

I come from Zagreb, capital of Croatia (we're the ones on Mediterranean coast, sharing Adriatic Sea with Italy, you know, the boot shaped country), work as an IT journalist, very fond of European and Russian literature (but I'm not exclusive, I'll read everything that has a soul), discovered ebook readers in 2004 but still love paper...
Currently listening to Eddy Grant's Gimme Hope Joanna and singing my ass off in 1 in the morning :)

I guess that's it in short - for everything else, there will be chances to talk.

Oh yeah, I haven't found forum rules anywhere; can somebody help with that? I guess the usual forum rules apply (don't post content in sub forums it doesn't belong to, be nice...), but every forum has some rules about signatures and stuff like that and I can't find it. If some nice soul could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Welcome to the forums :) We don't have any special rules that any other forum doesn't already have. Just enjoy the forum and be polite. Spamming isn't allowed, as you already know I am sure.

Welcome to BAR!

We're kinda neighbors (I live in Germany).

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Croatia is a lovely country, very picturesque.
I never eat processed meat by the way, so I'm probably alright.

Welcome, I love Croatia! My grandparents are from there, Sanski Most. In fact my book has a few chapters on Croatia. What a great bunch of people. My mom is a Bakaric. Also went to Mostar, Sarajevo and many other places.

Thank you all for the nice welcome (and Vielen Dank to sparkchaser :) )

Yeah, Croatia has a very lovely spots and great nature, but I guess that goes for every country in the world - somewhere you just have to look a little bit harder.
Mahree, I see you've been around Balkans; I hope we didn't scare you too much...

Yeah, Croatia has a very lovely spots and great nature, but I guess that goes for every country in the world - somewhere you just have to look a little bit harder.
Mahree, I see you've been around Balkans; I hope we didn't scare you too much...
You boast great weather though, as well!

And welcome to the EU. :D

You don't know it yet, but you're going to be my unofficial guide to Croatia when I go there.

Welcome to the BAR! Not sure if it has been raised or lowered over the years, but I digress. :devillook

Just bought your book and looking forward to reading it this weekend, I needed a good read for vacation.

Hey. I think the rules pretty much say things like "be nice", respect others, share your thoughts, have fun, and keep promo stuff to the right places.

Back