• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Italy

francesca

This site was recommended to me, and it looks good! My name's Francesca, I'm British and living in Italy. The only thing I miss about the UK is the availability of books in english, but that's why God gave us Amazon. I love reading books, talking about books and I only wish I could write books. I've just started reading simple stuff in Italian, so that I can just pop down the road and get something to read, and save a bit on my credit card bills. I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions.........

Welcome francesca! :)
I see Murakami is one of your favourite authors. Which one by him do you like the most?

Hi there, my favourite at the moment is The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, its the first one that I read and still my favourite. What about you?
F

Thank you everyone

...for the warm welcome, that previous reply was for Maya, bear with me while I get the hang of this! And yes Wabbit, always room for one more as long as you bring some books :)

francesca said:
...for the warm welcome, that previous reply was for Maya, bear with me while I get the hang of this! And yes Wabbit, always room for one more as long as you bring some books :)

I got lots of books ;)

You see me? This is me packing my things :D

francesca said:
Hi there, my favourite at the moment is The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, its the first one that I read and still my favourite. What about you?
F
Same! :D
I read "Norwegian Wood" first, which I didn't like. "The Wild Sheep Chase" after that, which was ok. Then his best (in my opinion, so far): "The Wind-up Bird Chronicle". Now I am reading "The Elephant Vanishes"- all the short stories in there are pretty good, all in their own way.

Ciao and Welcome to the Forum Francesca, hope you enjoy your stay.
A woman after my own heart ITALY... :D ah if you want to spend an idle moment ... or a couple of days on the joys of settling/living there...I'd love to know all about it. Would love to do the same so... pull up a chair in my neck of the woods anytime. :D

Back