• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from OHIO

plexerei

This looks like a great place for book lovers! Glad I found it! I am currently reading a new book I found on Amazon.com. It is called Rebirth of the Oracle - Tarot for the Modern World. I have always had an interest in the unexplainable, and I have read many books on Tarot in the past, but this one is the best one so far. It is to Tarot what Linda Goodman's Sunsigns is to Astrology: very straightforward, understandable, not at all mysterious. I can see it becoming a primer for anyone who wants to learn about Tarot, whether reading the cards or having their cards read. And it's an easy and entertaining read as well. What more could I ask for in a non-fic book?

Anyone else have good non-fic recommendations?

Elizabeth

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Used to have a tarrot deck ( Rider-Waite deck ) :) Hope you enjoy your new book!

Welcome!

Like Wabbit, I used to have a tarot deck as well. It's been many years though.

As far as non-fiction, I've never been much of a NF reader, but I wholeheartedly recommend "Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson. It was a fairly easy and smooth read. If you like architecture or are interested in World's Fairs or serial killers (wow that sounds bad), it's a great book! Plus, as I've said elsewhere, it covers 2 stories, so it's like getting 2 for 1.

I've also seen lots of recommendations for "Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond. It's currently in my reading queue, so I can't give much insight.

Welcome to the forum of pleasure, plexerei.

For something non-fictionous, I recommend "In Defence of Global Capitalism" (Till världskapitalismens försvar) by Johan Norberg. It's a response to the anti-globalisation movement.

Hi plexerei,
Good to have you here, i'm sure you will find lots of good recommendations for future reads.

Cabrasopa :cool:

Hi plexerei!

Non-fiction... it's a pretty wide category and I'm mainly a fiction reader, myself. I have read only a part of Bill Brysons A Short History of Nearly Everything and can't wait to finish it. You seem to be interested in astrology and tarot... have you considered looking at Celtic mythology? There are some theories about astrology that date back thousands of years... why not look at some of the history behind it? No specific recommendations, unfortunately, but if you want to pursue it further, I would suggest a thread in the Non-fiction category might get some good responses!

Hope you enjoy the forum!

thanks for the welcome!

I've been in other forums where I would post and not get a single reponse. I was getting a complex that the best way to stop a thread in its tracks was for me to post to it :D I think I will like it here!

plexerei

Back