• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Ottawa, Canada

paperapostle

Evening all,

I found this forum through a long overdue Google search for a community such as this. A little about myself, and my reading habits...

It used to be, when I had the time, I was at the library at least once a day. I might as well make the library's online catalog my homepage. I have very curious habits with the books I read. I often read more than one at a time, sometimes relegating the reading of one book to a specific part of the house. For example right now on my bed side table is "The Other" by David Gunther, while on my reading chair by the window is "The New Print Production Manual" plus other texts on Industrial Design, again in the living room is Andrea Levy's "Small Island" (reading this for a second time).

Until recently I had a 1-2 hour bus commute to my job, but now that I work a 12 minute walk from home, I've lost that valuable reading time (though it has been added to my sleep time). But I hope to make more room for it again.

In short, I hope to meet you all on the forum!

Welcome aboard.

I hear ya about losing valuable reading time. I used to get a lot of reading done while on planes and in airports but I'm not doing that kind of traveling anymore.

Enjoy your stay here and be sure to join in on the discussions, even if they are "old".

I do the same thing! I have a bath book, a bed book, a handbag book... I thought it was just me! Nice to meet you!

After a recommendation from someone saying that Akira Yoshimoto's Shipwrecks,was in the same line as Yukio Mishima's The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea, I ordered it,how did you like it?

The only Yukio Mishima I've read has been My Friend Hitler, which, damnit, I didn't have time to finish. I find Akira Yoshimoto totally engaging. I lend myself over to him 100%, I will willingly follow him in any journey he sets out for me. I actually found his works while looking for Banana Yosimoto, and first read On Parole, which I was totally committed to until I started hating, literally feeling loathing for the characters. Shipwerks was a more pleasant experience, even though the villagers do highly unethical things.

The only Yukio Mishima I've read has been My Friend Hitler, which, damnit, I didn't have time to finish. I find Akira Yoshimoto totally engaging. I lend myself over to him 100%, I will willingly follow him in any journey he sets out for me. I actually found his works while looking for Banana Yosimoto, and first read On Parole, which I was totally committed to until I started hating, literally feeling loathing for the characters. Shipwerks was a more pleasant experience, even though the villagers do highly unethical things.

I will read Shipwrecks, and after see if I want to read any of his other work.Thank you.

Back