• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Scotland!

jmurray01

I'm Jamie from Scotland, I'm 17 years old and have been an avid reader for some years now.

Currently I'm alternating between Jack Higgins and Robert Ludlum books (though not the Bourne saga of which I'm not too keen) as they are my two favourite authors.

I'm not a terribly fast reader, about 1-2 chapters per night (I read in bed) is what I get through, so it does take a while to get through a book but I think you take in the story more if you read slower and thus it is more pleasurable and enjoyable. At least that is my opinion.

That's about it for this short introduction. I hope to use this forum some more in the future.

Goodbye for now.

To the Scot

I love Robert Ludlam's books - he's the best - tho I have never heard of the one you are reading, and I thought I had read them all.

Incidentally, altho I am American and currently living here, we once lived on Mull - up on a hillside overlooking the bay. I loved the ferry ride to Oban.

But then I loved all of Scotland, tho I was not keen on Glasgow - too much like all big cities.

Enjoy your book...

I just started reading Jack Higgins...well listening to the CDs anyway. They're decent.
Do you have a Scottish accent?

The Scot

No, no Scottish accent, tho we lived there long enough for our children
to pick up a brogue.

Hope to return one day.

I'm a fan, too. The Bourne Identity was the first I ever read of Ludlam's books and I confess I was mesmerized.

Hello and welcome!

It's been a long time since I read Ludlum or Higgins, but I remember enjoying them. I think I was about your age at the time.

Then that would make you, what, about 102 now?
Smile.
I'm hoping to have a little time to read Atlas Shrugged next.
Seems the times keep it relevant...

disingenuous

Actually, I just finished writing a book. It's on Kindle; paperback due out the end of the month.

But you wouldn' be interested: it isn't a novel.

If wit without wisdom is ignorance with bliss, you men must be happy campers.

Dorothy

Actually, I just finished writing a book. It's on Kindle; paperback due out the end of the month.

But you wouldn' be interested: it isn't a novel.

If wit without wisdom is ignorance with bliss, you men must be happy campers.

Dorothy

Ouch! shexist shurley, The Road To Wigan Pier isn't a novel...

Back