• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello from Tasmania

xyakks

Hey, how is everyone?

I thought it's about time I registered and introduced myself. I've been casually browsing this site for the past couple of nights and now I think it's time to say a big hello to everyone.

It seems that there's a great group of people here who love their reading (which is a passion I've had since I was young, and have never really met any other people who have shared this :( ) And I'm looking forward to possibly getting to know some of you.

About myself. I'm from Tasmania... it's cold here... yes this is where Taz the Tasmanian Devil is from, and no, it is not colder than England here! (and for anyone who is from the mainland, I do not currently have 2 heads and I will neither confirm or deny that I was born with more than 1 single head.)

I love my sport, but I've found that since finishing school there's not been much time for playing it. I like to talk about most sports, except rugby, which for some reason strikes me as dull. I do not know why ;) .

What sort of books do I like to read? Well, mostly anything, as long as it's fiction. I do find that lately my taste has changed, where as before I enjoyed stories of magic/war & just pure fantasy I now find myself drawn towards more, well boring books. Mystery and Politics based Fiction I find I'm more into now. Just lately with the last couple of books that I've read, they've been European novels that were translated, and I've enjoyed them quite alot, and this is an area I'm interested in finding more information.

I hope I haven't gotten off to a bad start with anyone with this post, I am really just trying to make a good first impression. I'm sounding rather pompus, but this seems to be how I write when I have to much time to think.

Looking forward to being involved with this forum.

Cheers.

Xavier

Tell me any other forum in the world where two guys from Delaware-USA will be the first two in a row to welcome somebody from Tasmania ....tell me

What's with the two heads thing, and what's your sport?

Have great stay...

I like the way "Taz the Tazmanian Devil" spins. It's fascinating. :p
Anyways, welcome to this forum. Hope you'll like it here.

Which "European novels" did/do you like?

Hi xyakks, and welcome to the forum! Always nice to see some more southerners around the place :) . I'm from Oz myself, but currently working abroad. By the way, your likes and dislikes don't sound pompous - that's what this site is all about, talking about what books you enjoy and don't!!

Oh, and Moto - it's a well known fact that Taswegians are inbred and have two heads ;). You can't fool me xyakks!! :p

Hi Xavier!
You are the first person from Tasmania I ever met.
(Of course the part about Taz was completely lost on me. If not for Kookamour, so would have the one about two heads too).
Hope you will like it here.

Hey guys, thanks for the friendly welcomes.

Maya, the last couple of months I've been reading the books of Umberto Eco, who I think is Italian, and I've just started a book by a spanish author.. again I'm not quite sure... his name is Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

Motokid, my sports are Cricket and Football (Australian Rules, not soccer) and to all the Poms in this forum, I'm looking forward to the Ashes now after you humiliated us this morning in the twenty/20 match...

Cheers

Back