• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, I am excited to be here...

Dayspring

Hello, I am excited to be here...

I used to live in Taiwan and my native language is mandarin. I moved to America a couple months ago.

I used to read books in Chinese when I was in Taiwan, but when I try to read in English in here, I usually take two weeks to read one single book because of the language barrier. I am still working on my English, so I can read more and read faster.

I am glad to be here and meet people who have the same interest with me. I hope we'll have fun sharing reading experience with one another!

'8- )

the books I read

I usually read fictions; I make myself read a classic from time to time.

I just finished "the Kite Runner" last week. At first I didn't like it when I read it in Chinese version in the bookstore, but then I can't put it down after I read the book in original language. I suppose it's hard to transfer the beauty of the words from one language to another, and I love "the Kite Runner" now!:D

Currently I am reading "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time" and "Of mice and man."

Welcome - your English is just fine and I'm sure you won't have any problems here. Have fun and we'll see ya around!

Guys, thank you for all the greetings and encouragements. I already have fun reading the book comments on this site.:)
Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the numbers away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.

Back