• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, I just joined

jazzy33

Hi everyone. I'm glad to be a part of this forum. I'm an avid reader of many genres, but admit to loving mysteries, everything from historical to modern and futuristic. I've been a reader ever since I can remember and never leave the house without a book. I even read, secretly, in class in high school, though I found out later all the teachers knew about it. My most recent addition to my list of favorites is Alice Kimberly's Haunted Bookshop Mysteries.

I'm basically retired, though I work full time on my writing, mysteries of course. I live in a suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota.

My name is Joan K. Maze, and Jazzy is a nickname I've had since I was a child, though it has to do with my initials rather than music. My initials were JZ.

Jazzy (Joan):)

Hi Jazzy, like your name, welcome - I joined fairly recently and I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. I'm learning as I go about this brave new world. I've been retired 10 years and find that technology has left me behind but am slowly picking up snippets of information. Look forward to reading your posts. :D:

Welcome to the forums-- Jazzy and momac. I am kind of new too. I have learned the more time you spend the better you get. Wish you all the best.

Hi Polly

Thanks for responding. I think this is going to be an interesting forum. Any time I get to talk about books is good. Where I live, you mention reading and their eyes glaze over. When I told them about the writer I know (in Kentucky) who has 7,000 books in her home library, I thought I might have to call the paramedics.

Looking forward to the posts.

Jazzy

To someone who asked, the K in my name is Karen. The Z was Zimmerman, my maiden name.:flowers::whistling:

Aha, the world makes sense again.

Libraries are awesome, especially if you can have one in your own home.

Home libraries

I agree that libraries are awesome. I don't have 7,000, but I do have about 1,000 - and growing, not counting the ebooks. Do you have any favorite mystery authors?

Jazzy:flowers:

Not one for mysteries. However, having said that, I've not been able to read anything outside of the university curriculum for three years now - I'm a literature student - so I might actually like some mystery novels when I've the time to read any.

Back