• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, I'm Hawkbrother

Stumbled on this forum when searching for something else. Delighted to have found it. Ironic, when you hear that electronic media like the Web will destroying reading books- and here have a place where booklovers can get together.
All I can say is that a I am a lifelong voracious, eclectic reader, since childhood. There's even a legend in my family that my first word was "book." LOL.
Here's some of my interests. Fiction: fantasy, horror, detective stories for enjoyment. But also try to read "Great Literature" or "classics". Partial to Southern writers like Faulkner and of course To Kill a Mockingbird. And love Rita Mae Brown, whether its her Sneaky Pie or Sister Jane stories, or something else.
Nonfiction: History and social issues; Nature, Wildlife,environment,accounts of early hunters and explorers; Baseball history; mythology/archaeology/paleontology
Only a sample.
From reading some of the posts this looks like a very interesting, wonderfully informed site

Back