• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello . I'm new

Tamsine

Still don't know how this website works, but I'll find out by and by.:rolleyes: I am a compulsive reader and book buyer. I presently have about 50 books to read at home. I shall be happy to discuss them with you on the forums.

Welcome :)

I know what you mean about being a compulsive book buyer - we used to buy a couple of books everytime we went to our local town :eek: We have cut back a little now but still buy them fairly regularly.

Do you have a favourite author?

Like write a simply amazing novel that enriches the life of all who read it and become wealthy and famous overnight?

Something like that, Moto?

;)

StillILearn said:
Like write a simply amazing novel that enriches the life of all who read it and become wealthy and famous overnight?

Something like that, Moto?

;)

No, the first sentence states "Still don't know how this website works"

I was wondering if there were specific question about this website. Maybe Tamsine is having problems that somebody here could help her with?

Welcome to TBF, Tamsine :)

Be sure to post in the TPOTE thread located in the Book of the Month section when you have finished.

Welcome, Tamsin! Just leap in and make a few mistakes and we'll guide you along the way. If you've any problems at all, post a query in your thread here or do a search in the Website feedback forum (for example on posting images which took me MONTHS to figure out - I'm not the brightest spark in this engine).

Do you have a favourite author?

Hi . I have many favourite authors. I like classic English literature : Dickens, W. Wilkie Collins, Jane Austen, Thomas Hardy, Elisabeth Gaskell, but I also enjoy modern writers like Anne Tyler, Arto Paasilinna, Annie Proulx, Joanne Harris, Clive Cussler. I read nearly everything, except horror and romance.

Welcome, Tamsine. What do you plan to read next, after TPOTE?

Thank you for your welcome. I often read several books at the same time. I usually have one in my bag, one on my bedside table and one in the living-room. I started " the Dante Club" weeks ago. I like the stylish writing but it is rather difficult for me to read in English. Wish I had it in French ! 2 days ago, I started " the geographer's library" ( in French, this one).

Is there something specific you wish to do but can't figure out?

I haven't had time to fully explore the website. If there is something I cannot make out, I'll get back to you. thank you for your help.

SFG75 said:
Greetings!. How's the Follet book?:cool:
I am a bit disppointed by "Pillars of the earth" so far. It isn't as enthralling as I hoped, but I ahve only read 120 pages so far and I am told it is worth hanging on.

Kookamoor said:
Welcome, Tamsin! Just leap in and make a few mistakes and we'll guide you along the way. If you've any problems at all, post a query in your thread here or do a search in the Website feedback forum (for example on posting images which took me MONTHS to figure out - I'm not the brightest spark in this engine).

You know how to post images?

:eek:

Back