• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello, need some advice

Daniel_Infinity

Hey everyone,
I just signed up here. My name's Daniel and I'm in need of some advice! I'm planning on writing a book soon, but which genre should I write on? What is being read most right now, or is one as good as any?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Daniel, welcome. Personally, I think you should write in a genre that you read and enjoy. If you are writing in a style that you enjoy, you are probably going to come out with a better finished product. It doesn't matter if you are writing a book on a really popular topic if your story is forced and terrible. Right?

Welcome! Venture on over to the writing threads...should find some good advice there from our prolific paper scratchers.:)

Welcome. Advice is best when you listen. Pay attention. Write what you like. As said previously. Write what interests you. Write for yourself. Do not and I repeat DO NOT write to impress others.

~Josh

Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome and advice!
I'm just waiting to get my laptop so I can start writing; since I'm out most of the day having a desktop just isn't working.
So I was thinking about what you guys said, 'Write for yourself, what you like...'

Would that be interesting? It'd get serious, emotional, but not that emotional. Stability and instability. Just a little bit off the sane edge of space, which would probably be confusing for some readers. I love Drama and Romance, but it doesn't interest my fingers that much. Now when it comes to a little bit of action and a lot of emotion, my fingers are hot on the keyboard.

I've quickly looked over some of the topics here and one that grabs my attention is the 'serial killer book' topic. It'd be interesting to write about the life of a serial killer, first person or omnipotent-third person, but this will be my first book published and I don't know about the interest for such a book?

Anyhow, again thanks everyone. Will start as soon as I can buy my laptop. Until then I welcome any advice.

Back