• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello there!

unabellasera

How wonderful it was to find this forum, I do say :) My name is Sarah and I'm a 19-year-old college student majoring in German. I have no plans to teach. All in all, I suppose I'll worry about that thing called a career when the time comes. Perhaps I'll get my doctorate and work as a waitress... wouldn't that be delightful? But I digress... oh my, what was I digressing from?

Moving right along, I've had a love affair with books, words, a certain phrase here and there since I was very little. Hermann Hesse and Isabel Allende are among my favorite authors. I read for all purpsoses - to think, to escape, or merely to delight in the way someone writes.

I am looking forward to discussing books here, as well as to get some recommendations. After all, summer vacation is nearly here and I'll have all that lazy time to delight in pleasure-reading!

unabellasera said:
My name is Sarah and I'm a 19-year-old college student majoring in German. I have no plans to teach. All in all, I suppose I'll worry about that thing called a career when the time comes. Perhaps I'll get my doctorate and work as a waitress... wouldn't that be delightful?

Welcome! I have a BA in History, am planning on starting my master's next year and work overnights for an ambulance service. You'll find a job, there's always something that comes up.

Welcome to the forum Sarah!
Summer vacation? I envy you for that! Gone are the days when I used to have a 2-month-long summer vacation. <sigh>

Welcome to the forum :)

Don't worry about a career....i'm 26 soon and I still have illusions of being an astronaut! :D ;)

I'd like to teach secondary students...those who are 14 to 18 or so. Its actually a lot more rewarding than it seems from the outside :)

And I'm quite a cynic, myself :)

Back