• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello!

melinda

Hi, I'm new here and thought I'd better introduce myself.

I live in the Isle of Man, but I'm from America, I have a glorious dog called Jemma and I own more books than I think I will ever read in my lifetime.

After a long time of only reading non-fiction, I fell back in love with fiction after reading A Secret History by Donna Tartt and haven't looked back since. I still really enjoy non-fiction though and usually have two books (one of each genre) on the go - one for the bus and one for bed. I am currently reading The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl, which is so good I haven't bothered starting a second one for the bus!

I look forward to participating on the forum.

Cheers,
Mel

*looks around*

Where is the welcome committee???? OK, well, it looks like I am going to have to be the very first to welcome you here! OK, AHEM, here goes it... WELCOME :)

I hope you have a wonderful time here. I'm very new here myself but think it's a great place full of very friendly people. Well, OK, that's it.

Enjoy :)

Best Regards
Martin

I am so new here that i am still getting "welcome to this forum " greetings!!I thought i would play the role of the senior member here;)
Anyways Hi Melinda and welcome to this forum.You have made the right choice by joining this one as i have discovered so far........ IT IS AWESOME .i am sure you will enjoy it here
see ya
piedro:cool:

Hey Melinda :) Welcome to the Forum from someone who isnt claiming to be new! ;) Im sure you'll enjoy it here!

Phil

PS: What breed of dog do you have?

Welcome to the Boards, Melinda! You'll find us a friendly bunch of booklovers.

I love your avatar, it's great!

Anyway, don't be a stranger.

Cheers, Martin :D

Hi Melinda, Welcome. My mother is in love with The Isle of Man. My sis lives outside of London, and mom has been to England too many times to remember. She traveled through the Isle as well, doing research for her book. She writes medieval fictional fantasy - in another words, she bases her fiction on an actual place and time. She is writing about King Arthur at the moment. I'll have to tell her where you live. She'll pick your brains.

Well its not THAT personal a question!!

Its not like i asked her what colour knickers she's wearing!!

I (we actually, its more my fiancee's than mine) have an Alaskan Malamute, kinda like a big Husky - they are used to pull sleds and such!! :p

Phil

Oh yes! Smart dogs. I watched some at an Alaskan Malamute Sled Pulling Convention a year or so back.
A pair of them go steaming past our lab(oratory) window on occasion, with the owner hanging on behind as a blur.

I've got three Boxers. People-friendly, but not other-dog friendly :)

Third Man Girl

Well once we get a second one ive got the horrible feeling my fiancee is going to insist on working them in a sled! :confused: There arent very many places you can do it though, you need a license!! :D

Phil

.... how did i know that was coming :D

They're pink and frilly!!

Phil

(People who have only tuned in for the last couple of days may now be drawing some worrying conclusions about me and my personal habits!! :p )

Hmm, I was planning on wearing the exact same ones today. Imagine the embarrasment if we were to bump into eachother, you know ... in our underwear (and we both know how often that happens).

Oh and by the way, you'll have to admit, your habits are rather worrying.

Cheers, Martin :D

As long as you wear them on the inside of your trousers Phil, assuming you do wear pants, you're okay in my book.

Bill

Back