• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello

Christheblogger

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I've been to this site.

I am currently finishing a PhD in maths and as such need somewhere to avoid work. After a few weeks of trolling omegle to assuage boredom, unsuccessfully, I've decided to find somewhere to discuss literature.

It's very nice to meet you all. I hope to have lots of engaging conversations about books and not maths. Or maths if you're so inclined, but mostly books. I'm looking forward to lots of interesting recommendations for what I read next.

The end.

welcome Christheblogger

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I've been to this site.

I am currently finishing a PhD in maths and as such need somewhere to avoid work. After a few weeks of trolling omegle to assuage boredom, unsuccessfully, I've decided to find somewhere to discuss literature.

It's very nice to meet you all. I hope to have lots of engaging conversations about books and not maths. Or maths if you're so inclined, but mostly books. I'm looking forward to lots of interesting recommendations for what I read next.

The end.

welcome - im quite new to. Fun site isnt it

Hello Polly Parrot. I don't know who you're talking about, so almost certainly not.

I really loved Great Expectations, probably my favourite Charles Dickens book.

Hello Polly Parrot. I don't know who you're talking about, so almost certainly not.

I really loved Great Expectations, probably my favourite Charles Dickens book.

Good. :)

I like it too but had to put it aside for a while because Tuesday I have to have finished the Alice books and the week after I've to read The Mill on the Floss (George Eliot). The literature department set a rather mad reading schedule.

Polly Parrot, and I see the next one you're going to read is Wuthering Heights. I adore that book. I once tried to blog my way through it, chapter by chapter. I got up to about chapter 5 of 34 before giving up.

I have always found that best part of reading Wuthering Heights is getting the Kate Bush song of the same name stuck in your head for about a month.

Good. :)

I like it too but had to put it aside for a while because Tuesday I have to have finished the Alice books and the week after I've to read The Mill on the Floss (George Eliot). The literature department set a rather mad reading schedule.

Alice being Alice in Wonderland? I haven't read those in about 10 years and plan to revisit them one day. Mill on the Floss is probably the least favourite of the George Eliot that I've read. Still marvelous, but it's no Middlemarch.

Thanks. Well see how my enthusiasm for BAR goes after I finish my PhD and thus don't need a place to procrastinate ;)

But I've certainly had fun so far.

Alice being Alice in Wonderland? I haven't read those in about 10 years and plan to revisit them one day. Mill on the Floss is probably the least favourite of the George Eliot that I've read. Still marvelous, but it's no Middlemarch.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass.
I'm studying English language and literature and for literature we're reading books from the 19th century this semester.

Such an amount of procrastination. I wasn't kidding above when I said I resorted to trolling omegle.

Case in point, it's just after 1 am on the east coast of Australia, and instead of finishing off this last little bit of work I promised myself I'd get done by the end of today, I'm writing this.

This is probably the most insightful Onion article ever. OK, probably not. But it's certainly up there.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass.
I'm studying English language and literature and for literature we're reading books from the 19th century this semester.

Excellent. I have already decided that my mid-life-crisis degree is going to be English Literature (I'm 25 and finishing off a Science degree). Are you doing postgrad or undergrad?

Excellent. I have already decided that my mid-life-crisis degree is going to be English Literature (I'm 25 and finishing off a Science degree). Are you doing postgrad or undergrad?

Undergrad, second year. One more to go.
I'm liking the literature course a lot but I don't like linguistics much, drawing constituency trees to show the suprasegmental structures of sentences, words, or syllables just doesn't really do it for me. It's interesting though but a lot of work to keep up with. I'd rather just read and discuss books. :)

Back