• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Hello

hatter

Hi,

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia, and I've only just started to get into any sort of forum on-line, so I don't really know what I'm doing yet. I discovered this site through bookcrossing, where I have been having a lot of fun. You can see my bookshelf there at www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/hatter
This year I started a bookclub with a few friends and I have been enjoying that so much I thought it might be nice to get on line and see what other people are reading and talking about.

Welcome to the forum :)

A couple of people I know use bookcrossing, havn't joined myself yet though :cool:

I highly recommend bookcrossing. I didn't think I'd be able to part with my books at first but now I buy cheap second-hand books just for bookcrossing. I've only had a few books found but it's fun when it happens.

Welcome

Hi, Hatter, Welcome to the board. and my pleasure to meet you here.

Thanks for bringing the link 'bookcrossing' to us. I liked the quote you have quoted :D "To quote Margaret Atwood 'Everyone else my age is an adult whereas I am merely in disguise.' "

Finally, see you around and your posts. Have a nice day.

Thank you

Nosferatu Man said:
Welcome to the Forum, Hatter. Are you really as mad as a hatter?

Thankyou for all the lovely welcomes, and yes Nosferatu Man, I am (I also just like Alice in Wonderland and hats in general). :)

Fantastic, you'll fit right in then! Incidentally - as you're from Australia - I was planning on visiting your fabulous country in August for a year, but unfortunately I didn't save up enough money in time. I'll have better luck next time, hopefully!

How ironic, I want to visit the UK in September, but the finances aren't looking that crash hot here either. Fingers crossed.

Haha, wow! We might pass each other in the sky if we both manage to save up enough money! If I don't though, you might end up staying at my house or something! I'm sort of planning on visiting Finland first though, so I probably won't be going to Oz next year. My mate is still there though (Oz-tralia) - he set off last August when I supposed to be going with him. I'm not entirely certain where he is at the moment, but you might bump into him if you're anywhere near each other.

Back