• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help finding where I have seen this before

LStevens

I am reading a book by Paul Christopher called "The Templar Conspiracy". As I am reading along - I come to a passage that I know I have read before. However - I have not read this book before. The passage involves 2 people being pursued by various organizations all over southern Europe. An "ally" takes them to a master document forger in a French town called Aix-les-Bains. The description of the forger's house - equipment - the way the town was discovered and named - even his looks is exactly the same as what I have read in another book. The only changes are the man and woman who are on the run and their ally. For the life of me though - I cannot remember the name of the book in which I read this previously.

Obviously - someone is "borrowing" another persons work.

I am hoping that someone in this forum has read the "other" book and can help me figure out which author is the originator of this forger character in this little French town.

Thanks - Lance

From a review of The Templar Conspiracy by Paul Christopher on Amazon.com:

“Maybe my memory is just a little too good when it comes to books, but while reading the section where Holliday and Peggy go to Aix-Les-Bains for false documents caused me to have a serious flashback...like I had already ready this before. Sure enough, the same material (practically word-for-word) was used in Paul Christopher's second novel, The Lucifer Gospel, which featured Finn Ryan…”

Back