• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help me choose!

Lyra

kickbox
I have just finished reading the Serpentwar Saga by Feist and am trying to choose my next book - in my drawer I have:

Of Love and Other Demons - Marquez
Girl with a Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier
No Second Chance - Harlan Coben

Now, obviously all three of these are a bit of change from Feist but I just can't choose what to read next - opinions please!

!!!!!!

Read of love and other demons!!! PLEASE trust me on this! It's beautiful, magical, wonderful! :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

ok, now I am still stuck. I love Marquez but it always takes me a little while to get into it and I am not sure I have the energy on a Friday afternoon. On the other hand, I have never read Chevalier so this is completley new territory. I need a third opinion!

Martin, I was typing my response when you were posting - not sure that third opinion helps! I am absolutely terrible at knitting and end up with more holes that anything else :(

Chevaliar is really clever cos she writes historal romance. It is about art and passionate romance gripped you and couldn't put it down. Also it is easy to read without complication.

Of love and other demons is one of Marquez most easy reads! AND it's very short! You will love it !!!

:D

Regards
SillyWabbit

and end up with more holes that anything

There's your answer - read neither of them, go out to a bookshop, buy Holes by Louis Sachar, and read it.

Voila, a solution a-la Martin.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

ah, but that would break my 'can't buy any more new books until I have read all the ones I have' rule ...

Lyra said:
ah, but that would break my 'can't buy any more new books until I have read all the ones I have' rule ...

OK, I have a suggestion! :)

Read 2 pages of each and see which one grabs you? :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

lol

It won't matter coz Marquez will win! :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

PS: And DO let me know coz i'm so curious now!

Nah, don't think so!! Chevliars will win!

(Please let it win) fingers cross and legs cross too and pray to God!

you are right! Marquez has won - I love getting completely immersed in his world and such rich language! Marquez it is.

Kaz, Chevalier also looks really good so I will read this one straight after :)

Sob sob!!
Life's unfair!!!!
Well done, Martin. ( You owe me!)
Hope you enjoying to read it, Lyra.

Back