• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Help me find a book

fleuretta

kickbox
I have been looking for one book for quite some time now, and today I was reminded of it yet again. I can not remember what it is called, or who it is by, which is why i need some help. I do however remember the general plot.

I read it when i was about 6, so it was in the early 90's that I read it. Fairly recent.
I remember it had lots of beautiful pictures, images that even now I would appreciate.
I think the title was the same name of the big beast in it.

Generally, it was about a boy. He goes into a forest, which I think was behind his home or somewhere that he was staying. In this forest, there were small people who lived in the trees, a bit like Lilliputians from 'Gullivers Travels', but not them obviously. I remember there is a picture of a small window viewed from the inside of the tree and there is one of the boys eyes staring in. These little people ride around on the backs of the native birds, flying around everywhere. Except they are too frightened because there is a monster who lives in the forest I think, who has a fire in his belly and likes to eat them. They give the boy a swan to fly upon, as it is the biggest bird they can find. I remember an image of the boy riding the swan above clouds. I can't remember it much past that point, but I assume the boy defeats the monster and all is well..

So that's the story. If anyone knows it, please tell me. I've been searching for it for a long time.

Thankyou

If you know the title of the book, could someone please tell me!! I've been looking for it for years now, with no luck.

Oh my god!!! Thank you thank you thankyou... that is it. I never imagined it was by Roald Dahl. My search is finally over.

Now to get a copy.

Back